Thirty Six

Demi

The first week of January we took a trip up to the lake cabin. It was nice to get away for the week. Whilst we were up there, Olive decided to take her first steps. I was an emotional wreck for days after. She took her first swim in the lake and enjoyed chasing Batman around the living room. He was so gentle with her even chasing the ball she rolled across the carpet.

I jumped back into creating my album once we returned to LA, heading into the studio more often. If Odell was unable to watch her, she either came with me to the studio or spent time with Heather or my parents. She seemed to enjoy coming to the studio though and I loved to take her.

I got a phone call one afternoon in January whilst I was out with Matthew and some friends. Odell had a football game in North Carolina and Olive was spending the night with Dallas. It was Odell's coach that I got the call from, explaining that Odell had been rushed to hospital after suffering a knee injury. To say I panicked was an understatement. What if this effects his entire career? His entire world revolves around football. I contacted Heather and I managed to quickly arrange a private jet. Even though it was nearing 2am when we landed, I couldn't even force myself to sleep. I was too overcome with worry.

I think Odell was surprised to find that Heather and I flew to see him. He looked surprised anyway.

"Hi Baby" I softly spoke as I walked towards him.

"Hi. I feel a little high on pain relief right now" I lightly laughed as I caressed his cheek and I leant to kiss him.

"Do you know what you've done?"

"They think I've torn my ACL" he sighed as he glanced down at his leg that was heavily strapped up. "They're not sure whether I'll need surgery" I gently played with his light curls. He slid his arm around my waist and relaxed back against the bed. "I'm sorry for dragging you out so late. I didn't realise he'd called you" I shook my head as I leant against the bed.

"You don't need to apologise, Baby. We'll get you better" he puckered his lips and I laughed as I kissed him again.

I watched Odell as he slept, managing to doze off a couple of times. The doctors came around in the morning and spoke with Odell about surgery. He wanted to have the surgery back in LA so he was surrounded by his family. It was obvious I wouldn't be able to stay through his surgery and recovery time. I can't leave Olive for an unknown amount of time. They offered to get in contact with a doctor in LA who would be able to perform the surgery. That meant Odell could be discharged home. He would however be out for the last few games of the season and he seemed pretty down about that.

"I'm fine, Dem" he commented as he hopped beside me with his crutches. We were heading towards the gate for our flight.

"I just-I don't like that you're in pain" his lips twitched into a light smile as he glanced to me.

"I'm not in pain right now, Angel" I leant to kiss his cheek.

It was a relief to get home. Odell settled on the couch, resting his foot on the coffee table. Dallas returned Olive a couple hours after we returned and she toddled into the house. She giggled as she fell against my legs.

"Hi Beautiful" I lifted her up to sit on my hip. "Did you have fun with Auntie Dallas, Baby?" I pressed a kiss to her cheek as she babbled, obviously telling me about her night. "That sounds so fun, Livi" she puckered her lips and I softly laughed as I pecked them. "Thank you for watching her, Dal" she shook her head as she passed me the diaper bag.

"It's good practice for when it eventually happens for me" I bounced Olive on my hip as she played with a strand of my hair, her little lips pressed out in a pout.

"She was good for you, right?"

"She was. We had no trouble getting her to sleep" I pressed a kiss to Olive's cheek. She blew raspberries as I pulled away. "How's Odell?" I adjusted Olive on my hip as she squirmed.

"He's okay, a little down which is understandable. He'll hopefully get the surgery soon."

"Let's hope" I nodded as I glanced to Olive. "I should get off. We should have another sleepover soon, Livi."

"Can we give Auntie Dal a kiss?" her little lips puckered as she stared down at the strand of hair she was playing with. Dallas laughed as she leant to kiss her cheek.

"Bye Baby" Olive waved at Dallas as she headed down the driveway. I glanced down at Olive as I locked the front door.

"You wanna see dada, Beautiful?" she glanced to me, her jaw hanging open as she began to bounce on my hip. I laughed as I began into the living room, Olive squealed at the sight of Odell who turned to us with a wide smile.

"Hi Princess" I handed her over and watched as she cuddled into him. "Oh, I missed you too, Livi" he pressed a kiss to the top of her head, his fingers lightly caressing her back. I took a seat on the couch beside him and cuddled into his side. I began to play with Olive's curls as she played with Odell's shirt. "I'm sorry I can't be much help around the house" I shook my head as I smiled over at him. "You shouldn't be pushing yourself too much" he managed to press his hand to my stomach. I'm 17 weeks and really starting to show. Baby has started to flutter around so much. I no longer suffer from sickness unless I smell fish and I'm still never in the mood for sex. I never realised how different every pregnancy could be.

"You don't need to apologise. I just want you to get better" I played with the hair around his ear. "You shouldn't push yourself either" I leant to peck his lips.

Liked heathervonnorman, matthew_scott_montgomery and 1,135,415 others obj Keep pushin' thru it

obj Keep pushin' thru it...
View all 8,618,563 comments
ddlovato PROUD OF U BB ❤️❤️❤️
victorcruz You got this bro 👊🏽

Odell Beckham Jr out for rest of football season

The Los Angeles Rams Wide Receiver was rushed to hospital on Sunday after suffering an injury during his teams game against the Carolina Panthers. Lovato was photographed rushing into hospital early hours on Monday. We wish Odell a speedy recovery.

——