Twenty Five

Demi

I went into the studio more than planned at the end of June and into July as I was working on a song that I wanted to be ready for Iona's charity concert on July 23rd. The song is called Butterfly and it was written for Iona. Whenever I see a butterfly, it reminds me of her. It helps me feel closer to her.

The day before what should have been Iona's 2nd Birthday, we planted a tree in our backyard. It's somewhere that I hope will eventually be somewhere I can sit and think of her. We went on a walk to the park also and a butterfly fluttered past me and landed on a flower just beside me. I know that it sounds stupid but the tiny little thing made my eyes well up.

ddlovato Instastory

The charity concert was a huge success and we raised thousands of dollars

The charity concert was a huge success and we raised thousands of dollars. I performed a few songs but I struggled to get through 'Butterfly' as tears threatened to pour down my cheeks. We had a few other incredible artists perform too. I'm so glad that we put this concert together. I hope that by raising funds for such an incredible charity, we can help other parents who are going through a similar thing. No parent should ever lose a child, no matter how long they've been in the world.

Before I knew it, we were in August and it was my 28th birthday. I didn't want to do anything special but Odell had invited family and friends over for a pool party. The weather was gorgeous, as it usually is in August. I opened presents this morning and got in some birthday cuddles with a now rather giggly and affectionate Olive, she already loves to cuddle. She is 20 weeks and her personality is beginning to shine through. She's even started to recognise her own name. It isn't always, but sometimes her head turns when I call her and then a wide smile spreads across her face. I love her so much.

I stood in front of the mirror in my closet, debating on whether I wanted to step outside in just my swimsuit. I turned to the side and bit down on my lip as I ran my hand over my stomach. I've lost some of the baby weight but I still have excess fat around my lower stomach that I'm struggling to get rid of and wearing a swimsuit makes it stick out. I also have stretch marks on my thighs and ass that I know aren't going anywhere fast. I apply lotion everyday in the hopes that they'll at least fade. I know my body gave me Olive and I loved it when I was pregnant, but I'm nearly 5 months postpartum.

"Hey" I jumped at the voice, glancing back at Odell who was leant against the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest. I flashed him a light smile and then I glanced back at myself. "What's up?" I shook my head and forced my smile "Demetria, what's going on?" he slid his arms around my waist and nuzzled his beard into my neck until I giggled.

"I just-I just feel a little fat, that's all" I bit down on my lip as Odell tightened his grip around my waist.

"You're not fat, you're beautiful" he pressed a soft kiss to my cheek. "And I love you, so fucking much. I love every inch of you. You're gorgeous and sexy" I could feel my cheeks beginning to burn. "You're a milf" I rolled my eyes and squirmed from his grip as he laughed.

"You're too much" he continued to chuckle as he took a hold of my hand and pulled me back into him.

"You really are though, Dem" he stroked a strand of hair behind my ear before he cupped my chin and he leant to kiss me. "Come on, Olive's already in her little blowup thing" I softly laughed as I allowed him to tug me from the room. I tried to ignore my insecurities as I stepped outside. There was this little voice in the back of my head that kept saying 'everyone's staring at you', 'aren't you embarrassed?' 'Why would you go out dressed like that?' on repeat. Odell's hand tightened around mine which snapped me from my thoughts. "You okay?" I forced myself to smile as I nodded. He leant to kiss me and then our attention went to Olive as she squealed.

"Is that Mommy?" her little hands hit excitedly at the water as she glanced to Dallas who spoke, holding onto the inflatable as she walked towards the edge of the pool.

"Hi Princess" her little legs kicked, a wide smile on her face. I took a seat on the edge of the pool and then slowly lowered myself into the water beside her. Her excitement seemed to just intensify as I leant to kiss her cheek. "Are you having fun? It's your first swim, Baby" she began to blow bubbles as she reached to grab a strand of my hair. The voice in the back of my head thankfully disappeared as I focused on spending some time in the pool with Olive.

Liked by angelokritikos, matthew_scott_montgomery and 8,628,572 others ddlovato I'm nearly 5 months postpartum and I'm still getting used to the way my body has changed

ddlovato I'm nearly 5 months postpartum and I'm still getting used to the way my body has changed. I have to constantly remind myself that it helped to nurture my giggly and affectionate baby girl 👶🏽💗 I'm working hard on accepting my body for the way it is. I never understood how people instantly jump back to the size they were pre-pregnancy. I always used to pray I would be that person. I love my daughter and I'm learning to love my body too 🖤
View all 3,816,472 comments
iamkittens Stop, you're gorgeous bb 🥺😍
theoneandonlydallaslovato Forever proud Dem ❤️

Demi Lovato announces gender of second child

It was announced by the Sorry Not Sorry hitmaker on Instagram yesterday that she gave birth to her second daughter with husband and Los Angeles Rams star, Odell Beckham Jr. The baby that we now know is a girl was born in April. No name has yet been revealed.

——