.39.

Shasta's POV

"Babe? What are you doing!" I say heading up the stairs to the baby's nursery.

I hear clanging around and grunts. This man will be the death of me.

"You know just brining our son something I had when I was a child." He says heading into the room again. I follow and stop at the doorway. There sits a small wooden rocking horse that you can tell is old. The mane was made of old yarn same as the tail. And the wood looked used but kept in shape. I want to cry simply.

"Awe." I say whisper to myself. I'm so lucky.

"So? What do you think?" He says stepping back and putting his hands on his hips to take in the view of the horse in the room.

"I like it a lot. I think they will be like me loving horses when they are older." He laughs looking down at me then nods.

"I hope they do, maybe it'll keep them away from drugs and shit kids do these days."

Me too.

— 2 weeks later—
"Do you see it?" He says excited.

We're at the baby's first ultrasound so see how it's going. Atlas acts like a child in a candy shop, so excited to see something new at every corner.

"I do and I feel it also." I say holding his hand.

"Everything looks good." Says the nurse.

She prints out the photos and hands them to us in a little envelope.

"I'm showing these to the guys they are going to freak!" He says with a laugh.

"Oh I bet they will and they are going to love when she wants to play dress up." I say slyly.

"She? You mean he?" He shoots back slyly.

"Nah it's a she." I say with a smile.

"We'll whatever it is they have their hand full." He says laughing.

————-
Boy or girl?
Sorry it's mad short just happy to have a tad bit of something new here❤️