.3.

Alright Shasta, here we go another step and your done with physical therapy.

"Ugh, I just want to go home and eat real food." Is all I say.

It's been three weeks and finally it's my last day of therapy.

It's been eating at my brain. I need to know who did that and why.

Mom and dad won't say anything about it. Every time I mention it, they just huff and look into the distance. It really bothers me that they won't be honest.

My brother won't talk to me since the accident like it was my fault. Just everything lately has been weighing on my heart. It's just sharp pains and labored breaths when I think about it.

It's not my fault, it wasn't my plan to go out. And why is it always my luck this shit happens?

Just as I was lost in thought. "BANG BANG BANG." I gasp.

"Shasta?"

"Uh yeah come in." I say wondering who is here.

"Hello, we were wondering if you could answer a few questions?"

Why now? It's been weeks since then.

"I guess..." I say trailing off looking into the reflection of myself in the mirror.

I look like trash.

After what felt like hours they finally left. They looked odd though. For reporters they dressed to nice and asked to much of the same question.

I need to take a nap.

——two weeks later——

Finally I'm walking but I have a limp.

My brother somewhat now to me seems better. Layla says it wasn't my fault and keeps hugging me.

She's to kind to be with my jackass brother. He's been going out a lot lately. It's really odd, because she stays here and cries.

I don't think she knows I know. It's okay though because she's like a sister anyways.

"So it's almost Halloween! What are we going to dress in?!" She says screaming into my ear. I must of dozed off again.

"Uhh I was thinking maybe a devil."

It just seems to fit my personality lately.

"Okay let's go shopping then."

I say to her and she gets red and screams again in excitement.

———
Sorry it was late everyone! It's short! I knowwwww I'm so mean! I wrote this during break at work! Love you all ❤️