.16.

Atlas's POV:

I can't believe shes next in line to take over the Italian Mafia. How did I not see this sooner? My queen is legit in line to be the next largest Mafia ruler. Both of us together would be deadly, the power we would hold, our love would hold it down, we'd conquer anything together. Children? hell I want them with her! I want to feel her every raw emotion and feelings. I can't yet, I first must get rid of the gang in front of me. "What do you mean Shasta was shot in a club?!" I scream to my father and to Ashley's father at once. If breathing fire were a thing, i'd have this place an inferno. Place would be ablaze with bodies littering every square inch. They know they fucked up, little does people know my father is scared of me. Who do you think killed my grandfather? I did, ha! I remember everything. He called me weak and pathetic, saying I couldn't ever make it in this world. 

Surprise! I held him at gunpoint as he spit up blood. I beat his ass to a pulp, he smiled at me saying "Boy, ill see you in Hell." I pulled the cold silver trigger. With a satisfying bang and chunks of skull and blood covering everything, I changed. Good bye to the old Atlas, hello to death. Ever since me and my men have obliterated thousands. Thus creating "To Valhalla and back." It's our motto. Getting snapped out of my thoughts by my mother screaming. "Rick take care of them or I will you bastard!" I forgot I was holding Ashley, the nasty being that hurt my girl. "No Veronica! I will not!" He screams back. This asshole, I throw her down on the table. Shes crying and pleading. I love when they plead for life, it fuels my darkness and black soul. I pull out my gun and go to put her down then I get a threat.

    "If you hurt a hair on her I'll have no choice but to kill your precious Shasta!" Her father screams. I start to laugh like a hyena with prey, they all look so confused. "You wanna dare try and go for MY GIRL'S head? Your messing with the Russian and Italian Mafias? Your asking to meet with death!" I say through gritted teeth. "Atlas! Don't you dare do it. You will not have anyone to help you. I will disown you!" My father says trying to hide fear. Well done dear father, 20 of my men some out of no where. "You may not stand behind him, you may disown him. Lets get real here Rick, he has his Mafia behind him, that's everyone here and that work for him." Jed says pulling out his gun. My father laughs then sits down looking defeated. "Take all three to the dungeon." My men nod and Jed pats my shoulder as he walks by me. I hit Ashley in the face with the handle of my gun knocking her out. Fuck her and her gang.

   "Chain them up with the rustiest chains you can find. Jed?" I say. "Yes man?" He says grabbing my father by his wrists tightly. "Don't go easy on them either." I say laughing once again. I need to find out why she was in that club and how it was at the time of the massacre. "I'm proud of you son, go get your woman." My mother says kissing my head walking away to go help our maids.

I watch as they take the nasties away. I need to go find Shasta but I can't yet. I need to get this place running better first, then I can gain her trust and love again. I hope it's not hard I really hate being away from her. I about died watching her cry and choke on words and emotion. She was so broken because of me. I was the clause of that, I held Ashley back so Shasta didn't rip her apart yet. I'll let her do it once I get my answers I need from her. Until then I should avoid Shasta.

    "I need a drink." I say heading to my office. I throw all of Ricks shit out and rearrange it where I want it. I see a photo of my grandfather. "Victory or Valhalla you scum." I say smashing the photo and tossing it in a bin. I light a match and watch it burn, shrinking to the man he really was. He was small, he wasn't no man.

    I open a bottle of whiskey and pour it into a glass and sit. Something catches my eye hidden in the desk. I pull it out to see it's got Shasta's name on it. I open it up to see her photo over the years, and her activities. "Hmm, they knew you were going to be there didn't they?" I say to myself swirling the whiskey in the glass. "Interesting." I finish the cup and set it down.

    I gotta get ahold of Shasta's father. I used to call him Sir because I was to scared to call him by his name. He's a very intimidating man, and very dark. He's no saint in this world and well known and feared. I'm starting to make that type of reputation for myself. Maybe, this will help me because I'm over dealing with people trying to run my life.

    "That's it! I'm calling him and arranging a meeting just us two." I pull out my phone and dial his number. He answers on the first ring. "What the fuck do you lowlifes want!?" He says I can tell he pissed I hear Shasta freaking out in the background. Then I hear her mother trying to calm her down. I swallow the ball in my throat. "Uh yeah, I need to set up a meeting with you ASAP, it's about my father and his plans. Sir, he and Ashley's father have been watching Shasta for a long time, from clubs to dinners to sleep schedules." I say and I hear nothing but silence.

    "I'll be right there, and don't think I'm going easy on you Black!" Then hangs up. I call security to notify them to let him in when he arrives. Until then, I look at the rest of the files.