.5.

I got into the house and ran up my stairs to my room. Layla was no where in site. I dropped my bags on my floor with a tired grunt. I better go check my bruises and wound.

I take my shirt off leaving me in my black lace bra. And strip down to my matching thongs. I stretch my spine out and arm into the air feeling my stomach tighten and releasing.

I'm so exhausted it's unreal.

I walk into the bathroom and see that my egg on my head has gone down a lot more. Thank goodness I was scared it'd leave a scar or some sort.

Down to my hip where there's a small dressing from the stitches. They are looking good so far. I hope they come off any day now.

I brush my teeth and look at myself in the mirror.

What the hell happen Shasta? I ask myself as I see dark bags under my eyes.

I walk out into my room and look over to my window. It's wide open.

"Are you fucking kidding me, I'm giving the creep a show if that was a person's shadow!" I say running over to it. I close the blind and flop into my bed.

Nice black silky sheets caress my small frame, finally darkness devours me.
—beep beep—

I wake up with a groan and look over to the clock. It's only 5:30am. I turn it off and get up out of bed.

Stretching once more I change into a sports bra and leggings.

I grab my athletic shoes and head outside for a morning run. I'll make it back in time for people to start waking up. I have to keep moving and strengthening my legs.

As I open the front door a small chill goes up my spine as I breath in the crisp air.

I put my hair in a pony tail and start jogging.

Turning on my music I listen to it and keep up good rhythm.

I've jogged about a mile and a half.

I turn around and start to head back when I run into someone's chest.

With a loud grunt I go to fall but they catch me. I don't wanna look up because I know my face is beat red.

"You should watch where your going beautiful." The voice says.

"I- I'm sorry I'll have to start watching in front of me." I say back to him finally looking up.

He stands about 5'10 and has brown hair and a smile on his face.

"It's okay just I have to pay attention also. My names Jack by the way." He says holding out his hand.

"Shasta." I say back swiftly embracing the shake.

"Shasta, what a beautiful name for a beautiful woman." And winks to me.

I know I'm on fire. My face is burning up so bad.

"Thank you."

Just as he goes to say something my neighbor Misha drives by beeping and waving. What a jackass of a man, he's very funny and short.

We say our goodbyes and I have to keep going. It's already almost 6:40am.

As I get to my house I see a shadow again lurking in the woods. I know I gotta check it out.

I walk quietly to where I seen it, I see no one. Not even a broken branch or track.

Okay maybe I am seeing shit now.

I head back to my house and as I walk in I smell pancakes and bacon. They had me at bacon. I run into the kitchen to see my father making it. He never usually cooks like ever. Who knows why he's been here more lately.

"Hey kiddo." He simply says and it's really awkward.

"Hey dad, anything on the gangs yet?" I say trying to break the tension of weirdness.

"Yeah, actually there's been reports of some nearby our house. Like maybe 5 miles down the road. We can't do anything yet but wait. I want you to be careful, and not go out alone anymore until I figure it out." He says then turns around fast with a serious face.

"I mean it Shasta, no lurking and no trying to talk with anyone around here."

He knows me to well.

"Yes dad." I say taking a bite of my bacon.

I finish eating and head up to shower. I get in running my coconut scented wash into my hair and lather it up. Standing in the hot water, it washes off any odd feeling and only leaves burning sensation.

I get dressed and get in bed to watch some show or movie. I chose 'Raising Deon' and fell asleep again.

I wake up to Layla staring at my face and it's so strange. Is she even human?

"Sooo guess what time it is?" She says trying to be quiet.

"I don't know how about you enlighten me." I say because I hate being woke up to oddly.

"It is 5:30pm you slept all those hours, so now you can't say your tired when we're getting our drink on!"

She says clapping and smiling.

"Ahh I forgot, that party is in a few hours." I say to her being sarcastic.

"Well let's get ready!" She says running to my closet to grab the costumes.

"What one do you wanna wear?" She says holding both up.

I like both it's really a hard decision.

"Umm, I like the leather devil one." I say with a smile. I can't make her upset I mean her friend was shot and everything  else.

"I love that one also, I think it really brings out your curves and I think you'll finally find a hot man." She says winking and toying with me.

"Okay then I have chosen." I say getting up.

It took us forever to get ready. She did my hair with loose curls. And did a tiny amount of makeup because I look better natural according to her. Sometimes I have to agree with her, I always rub my eyes also.

"Ohhh girl!" She says as she rubs into my room. She's wearing a maid outfit that's really short and shows her body off. I wonder if my brother seen it yet.

"I think you look amazing Layla." I say smiling to her because I'm being honest. But I hope my brother doesn't hurt her and another guy if they try hitting on her.

It's 7:30pm as we make it to the front door. I take off my heels to walk to the car. I hate heels and they are already killing my feet. "I'm so damn excited! I want you to have someone to call your own!" She screams. I think she's already taken shots or something.

She puts the car in reverse and we back out of the drive way. I sit in the passenger seat thinking to myself. I hope I really don't regret this decision.

————

I ended there. I'm sorry but rest assured, the whole next chapter is the party!

What will happen and who will be there? What will her brother do when he sees Layla dressed like that?