.12.

Shasta's POV:

    "Come here Togo." I say to the little black pup I rescued the other day. It's been a rough few days with him. He's chewing and playing and barks if I don't talk to him. I decided on Togo, it fits his little devil ways.

    I'm currently sitting in the chair crisscrossed, trying to get him to come to me. He looks at me and closes his mouth and tilts his little head. "Come here you little shit." I say, he barks and runs up to me and sits in front of the chair.

    "You like being called little shit eh?" I say petting his head. He gets up and lays down on my lap and grunts. "I know, you're life is just so rough here." I say sarcastically. I sit there thinking of Atlas. Still not even a word from him. What did I do? Did I scare him off already?

    I take out my phone, hoping something has changed in the last minute since I checked it.  Nope, notta. Am I really that disliked around here?

"Shas?" I hear Layla calling to me from the front door. She went and bought her books for college. She dropped out early to be with my brother. We all seen how that went. So she's decided to pick back up where she left from.

"Hey." I say as she appears and Togo just lays there watching her every move. Then he gets up stretched and yawned. He then went to her sniffed her and then peed on her boot. "No!" I say trying to scramble to my feet to get him to stop.

"It's okay. He'll learn and plus. Your 'brother' bought me these last year." She says taking her boots off and taking them outside. "Why? Why Togo you little monster?" He barks and licks my leg and sits. Just tilting his head as to say 'Those boots were fucking trash anyways' I smile and nod.

"So. Nothing from mystery boy?" She says chuckling as she says it. "Nope." I say popping the 'P'. "Well, he's missing out on a lot then. Because anyone who sees you usually gets obsessed and never leaves." I laugh remembering a guy I once was talking to, let's just say never again am I going on Tinder.

    Laughing to myself about what happen, I quickly gather myself. I look like a dying dolphin on crack. I head to the kitchen to be met by Layla. She's sitting on the counter, eating away at some ice cream.

"You are eating the rest of my mint chocolate chip ice cream?" I say to her smiling. But she doesn't look so good. "What's wrong?" I ask her. She puts down the spoon slowly, then slides off the counter.

"So I got this text from this guy." She says taking her phone out. I look into her eyes and see she not scared or mad. She's shows curiosity. She unlocks the phone and pulls up her messages.

'Hey, I'm sorry you don't know me but I seen you at the party a few weeks back and wanted to know your name. So I got your name and your number. I think you're absolutely beautiful and smart. I seen the way you told that guy off. I like the feisty side.'

'Um, thanks and thanks again, can I get a photo?' Is what she wrote back. 'Later I'll give you a photo ;).
I have work to attend to, later my little Peach. :*'

"Wow. Okay." I say to her not knowing what to say at the time. "Little Peach is what he calls me." She says with pink in her cheeks. "Let's not go and jump the gun here. He could be a 50 year old stalker." I say to her and she huffs.

"Yeah yeah, I know but I have this feeling about him even through text. Ya know it's odd but I can't explain it." She says smiling at me and crossing her hands together. She just stares deeply at me waiting for me to say something.

"Fine, but if he hurts you I will personally track him down and kill the bastard." I say trying to act tough. We play this game where it's like I'm the 'responsible' adult. She never had a sister or mother figure. So when we met I was like her big sister she never had.

"Yes! I knew you wouldn't hate on it B." She says being slick as shit. I roll my eyes and head to the fridge taking out food. Left over Chinese from last night. I love food.

I get done warming it up and head to let Togo out. "Go potty jackass." I say to him and he runs out the door. I sit watching him and he does his business. He darts back inside almost knocking me over like I'm some type of domino.

"LITTLE ASSHOLE!" I say to him "I heard that!" Layla screams back to me as she comes walking my way holding the little jerk in her arms. "What a traitor." I say to him petting his head.

"So what are we going to watch?" Layla says to me as she slumps down beside me grabbing some of my blanket and covers herself. "Well, I wanna watch the new episode of 'Ghost Adventures'" I say flicking to the channel. "Okay." She says throwing a fist full of pop corn from I have no clue where in her mouth.

"What episode is this?" She says. "It's the one where they go to the 'Titanic Museum'" I'm so excited to watch it. I love watching ghost shows. Me and my mother always used to watch them together. I always wanted to try it myself but never had the chance to try.

Togo jumps up on my lap and lays down ignoring the food I made. He huffs and legit looks like he's watching tv. Maybe if my house was ever haunted he'd help me by barking at the ghosts. I need to chill now.

Just as I was getting ready and comfy to stuff my face and watch some good show I get a text. My father of course, what does he want now. 'Go find a nice dress. We are meeting up with some old friends of mine. Dinner at their place at 8 pm tomorrow night. I'm not joking Shasta! Best behavior!'

I toss my phone down on the couch with a loud sigh. Of course he wants me to go to a dinner with his 'Friends'.