.28.

Aamon's POV

"What's up dad?" Shasta says as she walks in with Atlas trailing behind.

"We have to meet up with an old friend of mine. We will be keeping it brief, we have to shut down that operation that took Atlas and kept him hostage."

"They want something and that something is, I have no clue." I say squeezing the back of my chair as I stand behind it. Shasta stands there like looking like she's in deep thought about something, I notice she looks so much like her mother it's unreal. The vein that pops from her forehead, the way she raises her eyebrows.

"Well I'm not sure either but I can tell you that I'm sick and tired of it, when have we ever had a normal moment in this life. I just got Atlas back and he really needs to remember. The date is coming up, he and I have to declare we are combining. How am I supposed to do both myself. Everyone will see him weak when he's not."

"The ball is coming up, he has a week to decide if he remembers or not." I say raising a brow at him because I know he knows shit that little fucker. Thanks he is so slick, I hear him talking to himself when she leaves the room. I want him to surprise her but I want it to be before it's to late. Maybe he'll man up and finally admit, then I can finally see my daughter married and I want grandkids.

I'm getting to old for this.
———
Unknown POV

I'm running as fast as I can! Why can't I lose these guys. Mom said to never talk to strangers but being only 12 I don't have a choice. Not when your alone, I need to get to safety. I'm so scared I'm not sure what to do. These woods look so unfamiliar, I'm not sure I'm in Ohio anymore.

———
Atlas's POV

"Ball?" I say to Shasta as she's pacing back and forth. "Yes, a ball you knew about it. We've been attending them for years. The annual ball we throw for the rich assholes with more money than they can count." She says with her hands flying in the air. She's biting her lip, during the ball I'm going to tell her when she least expects it.

Day of the ball:

"Boss?" Josh says as he comes up behind me. He motions for me to help fix his tuxedo as he looks at himself in mirror. "What's up?" I say walking over to grab my phone and make sure it's on silent. "When are you going to tell her? You guys need to get married and fuck already. I can't stand seeing you waking around all you know 'sex deprived' it's killing me. Maybe I need more sex." He says fixing his tie. "I am tonight. I'm so excited I just hope it all goes right."

———-
Short chapter! Today there will be a new longer chapter!!!

HOLD ON YOUR SEATS! We have a NEW CHARACTER!! Who is it!?!?