.14.

Atlas's POV:

Right before we left the mall, we had to stop into some dress store. Ashley drug me to 8 damn stores. She knows I hate shopping but she likes to use my money. She has her own but God forbid she uses it. "I want a new dress for tonight!" She says. Her voice to me is like chalk on a board, you know the little 'screeeeechhhh' just all that. Nothing melodic, just trash straight up.

    "Yes, yes you must have another new dress. You have almost 1,000 as it is." I say to myself huffing and puffing. I hate her so much. Just as we walk into the store, I spot Shasta. Her beautiful black hair that I just wanna play with. I love her smell, the smell of coconut. I know she hates coconut but she likes the smell. Her amazing soft skin and smile that could flat line me any time, anywhere.

The reality sets in when I see her looking at me. I can't let her be near me. She can't be with me or even know me. I have to go through with this marriage and produce a heir. I would love it to me my Shasta but it can't. It's gotta be from another mafias family. Maybe tonight at this dinner the man with have a daughter that's better than Ashley. I just wanna put silver bullets in her head so bad.

"Baby, I am ready I have picked out a few dresses." She says taking me out of my daze. "Okay." I say to her and she sees Shasta also looking at me. Fuck! I need to stop her! "Who's the tramp looking at you huh?!" I kiss her on her lips and she's shocked but kisses back. She takes my arm in hers and she leads us away. I look back to see Shasta running out of the store crying.

"I'm sorry, my love." I say to myself so quiet, I almost wanna break down and cry and run and hold her. We meet back up with Jed, Josh, Anna and Riley. I brought them to help keep me sane. I can't be alone with this bitch ever or I'll kill her. I just need to get home and get ready. Father is on my ass about making the marriage happen in a couple weeks. He says the sooner the better. Mother wants me to be with Shasta as do I. She and father have been at each others necks 247 because of it.

We get to the car and I'm fuming. I broke seeing her cry. "Man you good?" Jed asks as he sits back into his seat. I simply nod and put the car in drive. We finally make it to the house and Ashley runs to her car and leaves. I hold my breath until she's out of sight. "Thank God." I say and Jed pats my shoulder. "Dude we're all for you and shit but with her it's not really cool. She's going to be what kills us all and ruins everything good." He says and walks away leaving me in my thoughts. "Trash." I say and head in.

As soon as I set foot into the door it's WW3. "Are you ducking kidding me Rick! I told you he belongs with Shasta! She is the next one i-!" She's cut off by my father. "He's home!" He says angrily. I wanna know what Shasta is next in line for. I'll figure it out later. Right now I think I wanna drive by to see and old friend. Mother comes near me and looks into my eyes. "I'm sorry my son, soon all will be fine." And cries and runs up the stairs. "Second one who I loved cries because of me." I say and I head upstairs to put on different clothes.

    I throw on some jeans and my vans. Toss on a T-Shirt comb my hair back again and look at myself in the mirror. I look like crap right now, I looked stressed. My breathing is heavy and I feel like gasping for air. I close my eyes and focus on my breathing. I've always had asthma since I was younger. I wear contacts because I have glasses.

    I wear my glasses at night because I hate always wearing these. A lot of my men and woman don't know I need glasses. Only my close friends and family, it's not bad having them just I used to get bullied for them. Second thought I just might drive past Shasta's instead. I need to make sure she's okay.

    I head to my car again and drive near her house. It's a little white house with many wild flowers around it and trees. She lives and breaths nature, it's her strong suite it's what makes her, her. I park a little ways away from her house where I can see her window. I know what a creep your thinking but it's my way of seeing her without being seen. It's her in her little safe space she can be herself.

    She's sitting in her room looking out at the stars. She's fine it since she was little. She says that's the best way to talk to her grandmother. They both loved the stars and flowers. She smiles then goes back to her closet I see her pulling out some boxes that are small. I see her getting undressed she's in her bra and underwear. Damn I can feel it coming on again. I close my eyes and try to call myself down. "Deep breaths Atlas." I glance at the clock. "Fuck it's already 7:30pm" I have to leave my girl and get going. Maybe I'll wear this to piss my father off, he hates when I dress casual during serious times.

    I arrive to my house it's 7:58pm, I head in everyone is getting ready. I walk right into the dining room to be greeted by Ashley and her father. My mother looks at me and smiles and looks at my attire and smiles even more. "About time your here son!" Father says taking his seat at the end of the table. I scold him and take my seat across from my mother.

    "You look lovely dear." She says winking. I smile and she grabs my hands patting them and then focused on father. "When is your guest going to be here? I have to get my princess to her mothers in two hours." Ashley's father says. I hate them all, with every fiber.

    "Don't worry asshole were here!" Everyone gasps and I look back behind me to see "Shasta?"