.15.

"I hope you dance."~Lee Ann

Shasta's POV:

"Shasta?" I heard him say. So quiet and so taunting. My father made quite the entrance, calling them 'Assholes' made me choke on my own spit. I look at everyone who's looking at me. "Awkward." One of the men say who's standing in the doorway that showed us where to go. He's pretty handsome I think Layla would dig him.

    "We're here Rick. Sorry to keep you waiting. We had quite the mishap on our way here." He says sitting down leaving me a seat right next to Atlas. "Isn't that the nasty whore from the dress shop who kept looking at you!" The blonde says. My stomach twists and I start to sweat. I feel like tearing up, I nod and take my seat. Atlas is watching me like I'm his prey and he's about to pounce on me any second.

    I can feel my anxiety starting to play with me. I can't breath, I need air. I go to get up but my father grabs my arm under the table and nods at me. Trying to reassure me I nod back and look down the whole time. I feel so awkward. "So Shasta my dear, what have you been up to? You've grown into quite the eye catcher." She says winking to me then looks at Atlas smiling.

    "Uhh, umm ya know work and school. The normal. Thank you by the way." I say to her and I get a grin from Rick. Okay then, I guess he's pissed if I speak. I feel Atlas nudge his leg on mine. My father and Rick get into conversation and I'm getting daggers from Barbie. "You look so mouth watering." Atlas says quietly leaning into my ear. I feel myself blush and turn my head away. "Thank y-you." I say back.

    "I need to take your mind off what's happening. I know you have bad anxiety Shas, I'm just trying to make you smile." He says. I look at him and smile. I want to be so mad at him. Ugh! I hate that I love him even more when he's so caring towards me. How can you hate and love someone so much?

    "Dinner is served." I see their maid brining out huge plates of foods and drinks. I need a plate but they are near Atlas out of my reach. "Umm Atlas?" I say with a small voice everyone looks at me. "Yes love." He says back earning a huff from his father who looks pissed. "Can you hand me a plate? Im sorry for asking." I say looking down again.

    "Yes my love I'll give you what you want." Winking at me. I look at my father and he smiles at me. Looking over to Atlas's mother she winks also. Hmm, what is going on here? I think to myself. "Here." He says handing me my plate brushing our hands together. Very smooth Mr.Black, very fucking smooth. He drags his fingers so slowly and they are so warm and soft. Why? Why God why?

"Thank you." I say to him. I feel daggers again, can't someone accidentally kill her? "So Shasta how are you feeling after you got shot and your friends died?" Veronica says. I can't believe Atlas's mother knew that. Maybe her and my mother talk still.

"She's doing fine." My father keeps it brief. "I think she can speak for herself." The blonde says with a cocky grin. "How did you get shot? Did they die because of you? Because your so pathetic." She says stirring her drink again. I don't know what to say or feel. I'm breaking inside right now. All those months learning to walk on my own again and to have the strength to hold my own. All of the demons I've buried have come crawling to the top once more.

"HOW DARE YOU! YOU STUPID FUCKING DRAGGY ASS PIECE OF SHIT BITCH!" I've always been told I've had the mouth of a trucker. I scream at her face gaining a gasp from her and Rick. "Shasta!" My father says. "NO DAD, IM NOT SITTING HERE LETTING SOME SKANK TALK DOWN TO ME! YOU AND I BOTH KNOW I WANTED TO FORGET THAT NIGHT BUT SHE HAS THE AUDACITY!" I say now crying and shaking.

I feel so numb, I'm reimagining their terrified faces. Their plea to live still and me to help them. I couldn't do anything to help them. The gun shots ringing and I notice I'm holding my ears, screaming. 'No!' I hear them saying as they drop dead. I'm crying and everyone is looking at me. I look over to Atlas hoping he'd do something or say something. He's just staring at me, the blonde tried to come after me but he grabs her and holds her back.

"THAT IS ENOUGH! ATLAS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO MARRY AND CARRY ON MY LEGACY WITH! THATS FINAL!" Rick says screaming at Atlas. "Rick how dare you!" Veronica says walking over to him smashing his face with a wine glass. He starts bleeding and holding his head. He's about to erupt. "Fuck you and you're legacy! It can burn for all I care you know I've always rooted for Atlas and Shasta to rule after you! After all she is next in line to be the leader of the Italian mafia!" She says disgusted by her husbands face. Atlas looks at me this time with worry and then rage.

"Atlas you just had to walk back into her life and knew she loved you so much! Yet you toy with my daughter and take the enemies side. Yes Rick, I know who shot up that fucking club with my daughter in it! It was them!" He says pointing to the blonde and her father. Both are pissed now. Veronica is crying now also running over to me.

She grabs me in a hug and holds me hoping it'll settle my heart and brain. "I'm so sorry my dear that this happen like this." She says kissing my head. "We will be taking our leave!" My father says as he takes my hand. I look back and Atlas has her in his hands still.
——-

Okay I wasn't gonna post this today but hell with it!

Fun reading my loves!❤️❤️😂