.13.

Shasta's POV:

Dress shopping. Every mother's love, and excitement, every fathers wallet draining and daughter loving times. Not mine, I hate it every single part. Well not when I hit up the chocolate bar and have food.

Layla made me come out and buy a new dress. I have many dresses, from failed attempts at dates and other shit. She says I need new style and new wardrobe, I sorta agree with her about the wardrobe part. Dinner is at 8pm tonight. It's currently 4:36pm watching the little hand on my watch 'tic toc, tic toc'
I say to myself in my head.

    We're currently sitting in the parking lot watching some guy, trying to park his small car in a space. It's been 30 minutes, Layla has been recording it laughing our asses off. He's hit the parked car on the right with his front end. Back out then tried again. If it was my car I would be so pissed off.

    Finally he makes it and cockily walks swaying side to side to some liquor store. "What an idiot!" Layla says finally stopping the recording on her phone. "Yeah, I can see that." I say to her still watching the guy stagger into the store finally but falling and the door hits him. "Light weight." She says getting out of her car.

    "Let's go I wanna pick out some new boots. You know ones your 'brother' hasn't touched or bought." She says using her hands. "I'd like to shop for a new brother. If that's even possible, maybe sell him in the black market." I say shrugging my shoulders. He's a dick head.

    "Yeah... you'd probably get like 1$ for him." She says smiling as we make our way into the mall. It's huge when we walk in. Chattering that's echos and what feels like thousands of people who have no life. Kids running around everywhere, girls in groups of 6 and over all dressed up like they are going to some club.

    We head past many stores and awkward stares. I look to see what they see and it's looks like Layla is on a mission. You know like the scene from 'Twilight' when they are all being serious, speed walking to somewhere. Well, that's what this bitch looks like right now.

We head to a dress shop the name I do not know. We were searching in there for about 30 minutes and only got one dress that Layla likes. "I thought you wanted boots. Wasn't that your main mission today?" I ask her laughing at how she's obsessing over her white dress she picked out.

"Well plans change fast. I seen it and tried it on and I want it now." She says pulling out her wallet. "What's the price on it even?" I say curious it really looks expensive. "Oh, it's like 300$ or something." She says rolling her eyes. I hate buying expensive things because I know I'll be broke quick. I've never really been one to buy myself or treat myself to anything. So if you hand me 1million dollars and told me to go crazy. I'd come back with more food than cloths, when it's clothing I'm blank.

    "Total is $590.34" the lady says. Layla hands her 6 bills. "Out of $600?" The lady's says and Layla nods to her smiling. Like I said dress shopping.

    "I still haven't found a dress I like." I say as we sit on a bench. "We have to go find a nice dress for you. I think I know the place." She says. "It better not be over expensive, I'll die inside." I say mentality face planing because I know she likes expensive.

    "I will keep it in your price range." She says smiling at me but looking at someone else. I look where she's looking. I see a few guys and there's two girls with them. I've never seen them before. I wonder how or if she knows them.

    "Who are they?" I ask her and she goes straight faced. "I don't know but I get a strange feeling with them. It's like I gotta stay away from them." She says still watching them cautiously. They look over to us and I grab Layla and we speed walk to some store. We wait there until we see them walk by and disappear.

    "Who the hell are they?" I say to myself and Layla hears me. We both look out of the window through cloths. Just looking like a couple of creeps. "I don't know but they are bad news." She says and we both look at each other. We die laughing because we look so dumb. If people noticed us they'd think we're two escaped loony bin jackasses to be aware of. Yet we thought those people were bad news. We looks like stalkers with no life.

    "Let's go get you that dress." Layla says pulling me along with her. I go to head into a store and she grabs me. "No, were getting you an actual dress bitch." She says. "Oh boy." I say under my breath.

    We get to the most expensive dress store they had. It's so big inside and there's so many top notch dresses. As we walk by I quickly look at a simple black dress with black lacing. I check the price tag. "Holy shit $1,500 yeahhh okay Layla." I say dropping the tag.

    "So you like dark colors and low price range." She says looking me up and down. She uses her hands like a tape measure acting all fashion fiesta. "Hmm, I see what you need." She says focusing on my waist and hips. "Hmm." She heads away from me. "What type of friend do I have." I say looking to see if anyone heard me or is looking.

    I step away for a few just looking at some dresses and I see one that catches my eye. It's black with lace but some maroon detailed into it. It's simple and not to long or to short. It has no straps I dig it. I take it off the rack and something else or someone else catches my eyes.

    He's here. With some other woman and he's holding about 6 huge bags full of cloths. Atlas in all of his glory. Tall and sleek and with those mouth watering tattoos and perfect combed hair. Some stray pieces falling to his forehead. He's a hot mess. "I gotta stop!" I say with my eyes watering again taking notice once more to the blonde that's attached to his side. She looks like a model. Of course he stopped talking to me. I'm just a rock in his garden of crystals. Ugly and plain.

    "Okay so I found a few dresses for you." Layla says at this time I'm to focused on him. My heart is feeling heavier and heavier by the second. I feel the betrayal. Every inch of me is screaming go over to him and beat him to a pulp, I don't move. I'm a deer in headlights. The light is drained out of my body. He re lit the flame and now is smothering it without even trying. The beautiful ones are always the ones to lead us to our misery and deaths in ways.

   He heads out with her at tow. She kisses him and he kisses back. "Oh my God isn't that him." Layla says quietly barely for me to hear. Then the group we saw earlier joined them and they walked from view.

   "Shas?" She says with a hint of sadness in her tone. So quite and so deep. "I- I need air." I say balling my eyes out.