Chapter Five: the world beyond the clouds

I groaned and moaned in pain as I tried to move my pounding head. I stirred again, moaning louder as images flashed in my head.

   ‘Lumina, wake up, now,’ Majesty whispered. I groaned again. ‘Get up, now, please.’ She pleaded.

   I peeled my eyes open with a small whimper. The light was too bright or maybe my eyes had been sealed shut for too long. I blinked until my eyes adjusted to the light and took in my surrounding. I was in a prison, a real cell. I snapped out of every flustered state as I took in my surrounding with a little panic.

   ‘Majesty, where am I?’

   ‘You don't remember,’ she stated as a matter-of-fact of fact. ‘Too bad for them, this time, I remember.’

   Immediately she said that, a shock wave went off in my head like a bell. I screamed as the pain jolt through my head and extended to my body. My body shook terribly from the pain, my hands were shaking more. Memories started replaying itself in my head, memories of me in another prison, getting a vision and shifting afterwards. It all came back, everything came back. The ladies told my parents I was dead, and the girls were there when Lady Kelly did something that knock everyone out.

   ‘Those witches!!!’ I screamed. ‘I'll kill them!’

   ‘We need to find the others, they must have been taken too. First, we need to get out of here… Someone's coming!’

   I let my head fall like I was still unconscious. They chained me down again, this time I was on my knees with hands apart. I never thought the ladies could be so cruel, I never imagined it. I knew they were selfish but to this extent. It meant they probably told every other parents that their children were dead. To what gain is what I didn't know, what I wanted to find out.

   The footsteps got closer, three people from what I can hear. They stopped right in front of my cell. A familiar sigh echoed in the empty underground cell. "Thank goodness, she is still asleep. It'll be good if she remains asleep until the girls finally complete the potion,"

   "Kelly, we should let her go, stop challenging the goddess," Lady Shana, the third head, cried out. "We have done enough, we have betrayed her enough,"

   "Shana is right, let her go. Kelly, her destiny is out there…"

   "Enough of this! Can't you see?! With her as the next ruler, we can do anything we want. The goddesses won't have a say in what we do or how we do it,"

   "The goddesses can take back their blessings and place it in another!" Lady Ursula shouted.

   "There is no other! She is the last daughter!"

   ‘Last daughter? What are these things talking about?’ Majesty asked.

   ‘Beats me.’

   "The potion will be ready in few hours, then she will forget permanently," Lady Kelly said calmly. She was insane.

   "And the others? Those girls did nothing wrong," Lady Shana flared.

   "They should never have gotten in the way. Moira is a valuable asset so her memory would be wiped too. I never wanted Zephyr and all her threatening powers in my temple anyways. We dispose of the remaining two,"

   "What?!" The ladies shrieked with shock.

   "I better check on the potion,"

   ‘This Kelly is nuts, completely nuts!’ I shouted.