Chapter Forty-two: King of all kings

Xyra's viewpoint

   I frantically picked up every single one of the remaining ones. Positive, positive, positive and more positives. Tears of joy took over the one of anguish, the cold became nothing but sunshine as Majesty whooped and ran around in my head. I was pregnant, I was going to become a mother. Even though the circumstances was bad, it meant the dragon changed his mind. I knew I wouldn't be bearing any demon, I had too much light to carry one. We were really going to be parents.

   "I'm going to be a mother!"

   "I'm going to be an aunt!"

   "We are going to be mums together!"

   "Is this why you were crying?" Moira asked. I didn't have to give them an answer, I just had to be happy enough for them to forget.

But there's the saying that happiness doesn't last.

_______________

   The following day after finding out I was carrying a life inside of me. I was beyond happy and elevated. Francis had come to the castle with the elders to speak about my coronation and the violent matter, especially what happened to Zane. Immediately they all got close to me, their eyes widened with shock.

   At first, I didn't know what they were so surprise about, until Francis hugged me while congratulating me. Turns out, immediately I discovered I was pregnant, my scent changed, but only the old lycans could detect it. It made them move my coronation closer and went all out with their excitement and talk about a prince. Immediately Carswell would come out of isolation, we were sealing our relationship officially as the law demands. But they all promised me that they wouldn't share it with anyone.

   It was the next day after that I received the vision. Caesar had woken up and we were paying him a visit. I was laughing to something Moira sassed him about when another vision took a hold of me. My pack, my family was about to be hit by the violent spirit. They would wipe each other out.

   "Moira, Zeph, April, the pack, they are next, they are next!" I screamed.

   "Next for what?" Zeph asked confusedly, but Moira understood.

   "We have to stop them, we have to save them," she gasped, "how long do we have?"

   "I don't know, but not long, soon, very soon!" And with that, Majesty took control of me and I was running out of the royal hospital, clothes shredding off my body as she came forth. We could make it, even if the pack was very, very, very far away.

   Normally, a pregnant werewolfess shifting was dangerous, especially running, but Majesty was unique. And we didn't really stop to think of the consequences, we just shifted control and body and sprinted. We ran, oh we ran so fast. We ran and ran and ran, our powers helping us to push forward. It was just like the chase, only this time, I was the one doing the chasing.

   I was close to the pack, so close. I saw it, the violent descended on them. I pushed my body to go faster, but a pain in my abdomen made me come to a sudden halt. Majesty wheezed and pant from the pain and the pressure. That was actually when we remembered we were carrying a baby in there.

   One minute we were catching our breath and the other, we were crashing through trees, breaking them in half by the impact of our body. My body rolled on the dirt as a cry left our wolf lips. Even so, we thought of them, our family.

‘April, Zeph, are you there?’

‘Moira and I are almost there, where are you? Why do I feel like something is wrong?’ Zeph pestered.