Chapter Thirty-seven: Hopelessness and a shock

Moira's viewpoint

   "Something called the golden jade?" I asked. It was odd how a jade could be golden. It didn't make any sense. Golds weren't supposed to be jade nor jade, gold. But somehow, it was real. I saw the picture of what they were looking for. It was a jade crown somehow in the colour of gold and a big red marquise cut stone inside a bigger and deeper red heart diamond.

   I watched the way his body stiffen as his lips parted a little. His head slowly raised, something flashing in his eyes, worry the most. "The what?" He asked with fear.

   "That's what he said," I managed to shrug, "but I placed them on lockdown. Right now, they are all trapped down there and I have the names and location of all the elves in your city and neighbouring packs ones."

   "Not neighbouring, mine, they are all mine. Nathalie… No, where's Álváró? I have to find him, I have to make sure he is safe," he said with panic.

   "I received a call just before Lady Xyra spoke, young prince is back, just crossed the first gate then. He should be in by now…" In a blink of an eye, Zimri was gone. Carswell tapped Xyra's shoulder and she nodded in understanding. Then he ran after Zimri with his wolf speed.

   "What do we do with her?" I asked Nathalie, the sobbing Nathalie. "Was Lix something to you?"

   "My brother, he is my brother. We don't know how dangerous this one is so knock her out first," Nathalie sobbed out, "then take her to the dungeon," and she ran away. Xyra scoffed and placed her hands on her hips.

   "You know, we came here to find a book but so far, we have done nothing to achieve that. Damn, Zim don't even know any book with the world ‘time’ and the library haven't proven useful so far!"

   "Okay, let the bitch loose, I'm in the mode to break some twig," Zeph said as she angrily cracked her knuckles. I looked at Xyra who shrugged carefreely. I released the elf from my powers. Almost immediately, she sprang into action. But instead of throwing herself at us, she threw herself through the window, bursting the glass open and splattering shards everywhere.

   "Fuck," April cursed. Zephyr laughed maniacally, her head thrown back with wickedness flashing in her dark eyes.

   "I love it when they run, make catching them much more fun," she shifted and dived down after the elven. I exhaled with relief, glad that was over with. But again, it wasn't. Carswell would have to help Zimri invade the base, capture every single elves and carry out whatever punishment Zimri gave. It meant we were staying for more days and I would have to worry for his safety.

Xyra's viewpoint

   The girls and I ransack the library, book after book, shelves after shelves, every nook and cranny, but so far, there was nothing. Carswell was still assisting Zimri while we searched for anything close to the book. Nathalie couldn't help us because she was locked up in a room with Zimri's son, since he was paranoid about his son almost getting killed by her brother and Nathalie was feeling guilty. I don't know why he would choose the sister of the traitor to guard his son, but who was I to judge?

   "Urgh! This is useless! There is nothing here!" Moira screamed with frustration and irritation. We all knew she was irritated by the fact that she was avoiding her mate because of her guilt and regret and the fact that she couldn't check on him. We understood why, and we were also aware that the space was giving her enough time to forgive herself and accept him.

Like I said, one piece at a time.

   "It's not here, the book is not here!" Zeph cried. "Please, no more books, no more," I sighed sadly and fell on one of the shelves, hitting my back hard on it. I slide down to the floor, brought my knees up to my chest and puffed. If the book wasn't in the custody of the elves, where else would it be? Who else would know it location? It was completely useless.