Chapter Thirty-three: Myrtle (2)

Xyra's viewpoint

   "Not yet, and not now. That isn't why I requested to speak with you. Francis, you are the oldest elder, right?"

   "Swan actually, but we are both not the eldest. The eldest is a cranky one who lives in a human city with his grandpups. Any reason?"

   "Yes, I need to know what happened to the witches, how they became so few and who the witch, Myrtle, was. It's important we find out who she is and what happened."

   He clicked his tongue and said, "I'm afraid you'll be wasting your time. He wasn't even born when the witches slowly disappeared. No one knows what killed them, but many believes they lost their magic or they were wiped out by witch hunters. The remaining of them now are no longer strong and the strong ones are men. They have no idea what happened to their brothers and sisters in the past. The only thing they know is that the witches and wizards of the past wiped themselves out, but they are not sure." He said unsurely. I didn't expect him to know but I hoped he would have any information at all.

   "Alright, another means then," I said disappointedly. Carswell gave me a questioning look.

‘Another vision.’ I answered him.

   "One more thing then, Xyra, I've just spoken to your mate about it. Your coronation can't be hold back any longer, you must be officially and publicly made the queen. His mark only makes you his Luna, but not fully the queen. We need the coronation to be done as soon as possible, especially with this suppose war,"

   "Alright, I don't mind a coronation, but we don't have much time to plan it since we are leaving…" I paused, raising my brow to ask Carswell if he knew about it. Carswell nodded. "Soon, we are leaving,"

   "He told me. You don't need to worry about it, leave the arrangement to me. You can continue doing your duty to assist him silent this threat before it becomes one, and I will do mine by arranging the coronation. Is that okay?"

   "Cass?"

   "Yes, it's fine. Let me have the phone," I gave the phone back to him. A coronation wasn't such a bad idea, especially with the war. I hated to think about it, but if anything truly do happen to him, the people would need someone to stand in his place. I wasn't going to let that kind of situation take place, but one can never be too careful in life.

   There was another question that was bothering me. Carswell and I were fully mated, yet I didn't share the telepathic link he shared with his pack in the capital. I didn't feel any bond buzzing, none other than his and the connection to my friends. Maybe it was the fact that I wasn't completely their queen or officially initiated into the park. Or maybe it was just me.

   "Xyra," Carswell yelled, snapping his fingers over my face. I blinked as I snapped out of it. He looked annoyed and worried. "What is it this time?"

   "Oh, I was just thinking about the fact that I am not connected to your pack, why is that?" I asked perplexedly. He gave me a bewildered yet amuse look that made me feel like an idiot.

   "What are you talking about? You are connected to them,"

   "I can't feel them in my head, I can't feel the weight of the pack link at all," I insisted as I shook my head. He mouthed a ‘oh’ and chuckled. "What? What's so funny?"

   "After Majesty marked me, she blocked the pack link entirely because she claimed she doesn't need anyone feeling her presence just yet. She said that when she needs to communicate with them, she knows how to unblock it. I thought she would explain that to you." I frowned with displeasure. Majesty intentionally didn't tell me.