Chapter Thirty-two: Myrtle

I paced across my throne room, long nails in my mouth as I chewed on them. I was nervous and anxious. The plan didn't work. I was not able to get the girl alone to seize her. Instead, she cast all the spirits away. She was stronger than I thought and not being able to see her face or look beyond her light was troubling.

   If the plan didn't work, if the lycan king don't become my puppet, the plan would never work. It would be like in the past, ending up in lost. We couldn't lose, I couldn't lose. I'd sacrificed everything I held dear for the purpose of bringing my clan victory. If I didn't, they would give up hope in me and that was unacceptable. Because of my achievement, I was their queen. Being the queen of witches wasn't enough, it could never be enough.

   The world, the world ought to worship me. I am her queen! Carswell Maximilien and Xyra Crescent, what am I going to do with you two.

   "Calm down, Asia, you worry too much," her voice echoed in my head, "we still have time,"

   "What if we don't? Myrtle, we could once again face defeat and our kind could be completely wiped out from the face of the planet or they could surrender and serve others. I am tired of being mistreated, of our kind to be forced to serve others because they are stronger. This is the only way to claim the world as mine, to have humans under my feet. I cannot get world dominance if the other creatures protect them, so I must…"

   "Get rid of the others first, I know. Unlike me, you can make alliances with rogues of every other creatures. Every supernatural creature has the black sheep, find them and put them under your command. We must begin preparation for the real thing, just in case. As for his mate, we would get our hands on her when the time is right."

   Time, time, time, time! Everything was always about time with her. We could take them all by surprise and attack, but she would always say it was better to wait. We weren't ready, at least, to her we were not. She didn't know that the more time we wasted, the more they got to finding out the truth.

   "We need an insider, someone to give us information from the inside since I can no longer watch him," I said as I continued to pace.

   "Who is close enough to give us the information we need? Who can we talk into it?" Myrtle asked with a tone that said I was an idiot.

I am not.

Xyra's viewpoint

   "Home sweet home!" I shrieked as I waltz into our bedroom. "Oh, bed, I missed you," I threw myself on the bed and moaned, melting into the soft mattress.

   "Xyra, take a bath," Carswell scolded, "don't just sleep,"

   "But I'm tired," I whined.

   "Xyra, bathe and then eat something before you sleep," he repeated, dropping his phone on the nightstand. I rolled over so my back would touch the mattress and then my head to watch him remove his wristwatch and rings.

   "Aren't you staying?"

   "I have to get in contact with Shelumiel,"

   "Shelu… Who now?"

   "Shelumiel, elf king,"

   "But I thought his name is King Jeconiah?"

   "Huh?" He raised his head from what he was doing and gave me a stunned look. "Xyra, how did you mistake Zimri for Jeconiah?"

   I tilt my head. "His name is Zimri?"

   "Of course, Zimri Shelumiel, I always call him by his last name because he annoys me."