Chapter Seventeen: caught in his embrace

Xyra's viewpoint

   The hard part was over, now it was time to shift back. There was no way in hell I was going to let him have the satisfaction of seeing my naked bones. Of course, I wanted him to feel guilty, but not with my tiny boobs and bums on the line.

Can someone come over and give me something to wear?! There is no way I'm shifting back and letting this fool see the skeleton I call body!… I shouted to the telepathic conversation the girls were having. I can swear I heard April giggle.

Maybe you should let him, so he'll feel guilty… Zeph suggested. Of course it was a great idea, but I gasped because you know, tiny boobs.

Yes! Of course! Show him my dry boobs because I want him to see my skeleton. Oh, what a wonderful idea, Zeph… I said with mock excitement.

I'm on my way… Moira laughed… I'll bring dad's pants for him too?

Please do. Do not let my holy eyes behold sin.

   April laughed through the link, a laugh that made the destroyed grass around me grow. Her powers had gotten stronger.

I'll be at the house in the morning to check on you.

Better bring some sweet offering because I feel like I'm going to lose my mind!

   True and not true. His lycan nudged Majesty again, asking her to shift back. He already let her up but she was sitting down quietly, wagging her tail and ignoring him. He growled again and nudged her. She looked behind a tree and then back to him. He huffed in understanding and turned his back to her. Majesty stood up and strutted to the tree, not that it could cover her, but it could cover me. She handed the control back to me and returned to the back of my mind.

   "Finally," I breathed, "where's Moira?" As if wanting to answer my question, I heard a twig snap. She had arrive and from the footsteps I heard running away, dad carried her close enough and dropped her.

   "Xyra, I'm here," she announced.

   "Behind this tree," I called out. I flinched when she screamed with fright. "Calm down, it's only my mate, he won't harm you," I sighed. She kept screaming. He puffed and rushed out of the scene. I stuck my head out, she was still screaming with buckling knees. "Will you calm down!"

   "M…m…m…m…" I took the risk and ran forward with my speed, snatch the clothes from her and went behind the tree. I swiftly pulled the shorts over my hips, wore the sport bra and the big shirt she got me. I came out, matched over to her and slapped her left cheek.

   "Stop screaming!" She stopped and rubbed her cheek with a groan.

   "Sorry, I couldn't turn the scream off," she groaned, "thanks, but you didn't have to slap me,"

   "Yes, she needed to," I froze, my hands still on my hips. Every air on my body stood up in reaction to his voice and the fact that he might be naked. Chill ran down my spine as the goosebumps shook me a little, like a slight shiver. "Calm down, I'm not naked,"

   I turned around slowly and looked at him with dim eyes. He was putting on dad's sweatpants. I laughed nervously. "Yeah, I knew that,"

   "It's late, let's head back to the house," Moira spluttered, her cheeks red from sheepishness. She quickly turned around to hide her face as she coughed.

What's her problem?

   I figured it out when I turned back to find out if he was glaring at my friend, only to come face to face with his chest. Unlike the first time, I wasn't fascinated, I was shocked. He had grown lean as well, not skeleton thin like me, just 'I haven't been living well' thin. I wasn't the only one who was affected by what happened.