Chapter Fifty-three: Quad

Xyra's viewpoint

   The scale came off but due to the force I was using to pull it, I crashed on the ground. The scale was freaking heavy. It felt like I was carrying two bulldozer trucks with heavy anchors. The weight of the scale helped flatten me to the ground.

   "What the… help?"

   Emperor chuckled as he stepped away from me so he could see my face. The scale was on my chest… Aha! You know how Thor would place his hammer on someone's chest and the person would be unable to move because of the weight? That was it.

   "You have to prove to the book that you are worthy of it knowledge or you cannot use it and the weight is likely to crush you."

   "How the hell am I supposed to prove that I am? All I know is that my name is Xyra Lumina Crescent, alpha of Crescent Moon Pack and daughter to Alpha Kristofferson and Luna Eleanor, originally alpha female of Moon Red pack. I was kept away my whole life because of powers I knew nothing about or my purpose to humanity and duty to Selene. I recently just found out I am a moon daughter–whatever that is–some golden moon goddess because I'm mated to an actual dragon who now lives in the body of the lycan king. I am confuse about my true mate but I honestly no longer have the strength to care. As long as I can still kiss my handsome Carswell then eff everything else."

‹Wow, you are nailing the worthy thing.› Majesty said sarcastically.

‹Well, what do you expect me to say to a book?›

‹I don't know, something dramatically awesome, it's always like that.›

   "Look, book, I don't know who I truly am and even if it's right in front of me, I just can't remember even if I remember. I need to know who I am, what I am and why Selene sent me here. I need to remember my past and know my future. I must learn the beginning of the story like told and rewrite the end. So please, help me."

‹That won't work, it isn't dramatic enough!›

‹Majesty, I've said what I feel like, leave me alone.›

   The scale glowed on my chest. I felt it morph underneath my fingers to something hard and lovely to perceive. The weight reduce in an instant and I could sit up well again.

   "You can now use the book. When you want to ask it for something, just say, 'I, Artemis, last moon daughter, wish to know about…' then you speak of whatever you wish to know." I nodded with understanding while still looking at the crystal book with a jewel replica to the one on Álváro's crown. The crystal blue was like that of the sea and when I looked deep into it, I could see the depth of different oceans.

   "Artemis,"

   "Uhm?"

   "You have to remember that you can only conceive once, just once," I raised my head and looked at him with big wide eyes. If I could only conceive once and yet I was supposed to bear three children, then it meant I wasn't carrying a pup.

   "Triplets? Seriously! Why didn't you just let me conceive after this whole thing is fixed? Why let me get pregnant now? Carswell would have let me be with one, but three, never! How am I supposed to help now!"

   "You figure that out, but it was important you conceive now. Don't lose this pregnancy or you will never be able to conceive again, ever. Oh, and it's quadruplets." He warned.

‹Quadruplets! Quad-fucking-druplets, Majesty!›

‹Wow.› Was all she said.

   What were the odds of entering a battle and coming out without a scratch? I had to protect my mate, my family and friends, myself and then babies? It was impossible. There was no way I would be able to pull that off, especially if Carswell should find out that he'd be a father to three at the same time. I knew I couldn't tell him or he would never let me out of the castle walls. And if Emperor was telling me, it meant Carswell wasn't aware of our conversation.

   With my mind made up, I nodded with a determined smile. The sooner we finish this, the better. As long as the pregnancy was still at an early stage, I could still use my powers to protect my family. I still had time, even if I didn't, I refuse to believe that I didn't.

   The shift back wasn't as painful as the first one. With me holding him, it took only twenty minutes for him to return to my lovely naked Carswell. He was sweating and crying and exhausted, hanging on to his consciousness as he held on to me.

   "Did…did…did I do it? D… Change?"

   "You did," I looked at the book which was floating in air, "and I got the book,"

   He continued to pant heavily as he rest his whole weight on me. "T…th… that's a r…re…lief. I'm tired, Xyra,"

   "Sleep, Cass, I'll take care of you until you wait up,"

   "Thank you," he whispered. I cradle him and let him slept on me. He was still my mate, still my precious Emperor.