Chapter Fifty-six: warning

Zephyr's viewpoint

   Darkness surrounded me, a very quiet and peaceful darkness. It felt appeasing to me, and that was what I feared. I was afraid of the peace and silence, afraid of how it felt like home. I didn't want it to feel like home. I already had one.

   I almost didn't agree to it, but I was confident than I was the first time. I was stronger now and I had a mate at the other side ready to pull me out if the going gets tough. I looked at the charm bracelet Xyra channelled her light energy into, so if I get stuck, she'll know when to tell Zane to pull me out.

   I turned around, trying to see if I could spot anyone, or rather, who I came for. I was still looking around when I felt someone behind me. I about-face swiftly to see who it was. Standing behind me was the woman I know I came for. How did I know? Carswell was a splitting image of her.

   She was tall, not taller or as tall as Carswell–that's impossible–but taller than Xyra and I. (We are the tallest in our group.) She had golden tan skin and I could finally see where Carswell got the light and dark copper brown highlights in his hair from. Hers wasn't an highlight, it was more like an ombre effect. I already saw his father so I knew he got the milky chocolate and light ash brown from his father. She was beautiful, reasons why Carswell looked like a girl. He got the silver highlight in his eyes from her, though her eyes were silver and highlighted with China blue. Something about her just screamed powerful but safe.

   "I assume you are Queen Leidyana?"

   "And I assume you have never paid attention to my portraits on the palace walls, or were they removed?" I nodded. Caesar told us he removed all her pictures and place them in a room because seeing them everyday made it hard for Carswell to breathe air.

   "Caesar had your pictures kept away because it…"

   "Affected my sweet little Dulcinea,"

   "Who's that?"

   "Your king?" She tilted her head in confusion, "don't you know his full… Of course, he would hide it," she ended up chuckling, "not surprise there… Wait, I am going out of point here, we don't have much time. If Hades knows you are here, he might come for you…"

   "Hades? What does he have to do with me? I'm not really dead," I said with a shrug.

   "I would have bothered you with the story of your birth, but I wouldn't. I'm just going to pass my message to you, before he feels you. There's a threat that have been hidden for years, ones that Myrtle and Asia are about to raise. You cannot stop her, they would rise, but you must be ready. Tell my Dulcinea that he should tell his erasthasis to ask the chronicle for the story of the dragon demon who craze to be a full pledge dragon. That dragon is connected to the king of all lycans that once ruled and wanted to enslave werewolves and every other canids. To achieve that purpose, he traded his soul for power but still lost to King Maxwell the third. That lycan couldn't be killed, he is alive but kept away. He must ask the chronicle to find out the weakness of the lycan king and end him for good. And the last demon Myrtle seeks to raise is the vampire king that traded his soul to a demon; The Red King. The present king would know about it."

   "Okay, demon dragon, evil lycan demon and demon vampire, got it,"

   "You must tell her to open the book quick, you are running out of time. I wish I could have met her, but I'm glad that he has found his erasthasis…"

   "Who are you? What powers do you have?" I questioned. She only smiled cryptically. "Okay, one more…" She gasped as her eyes widened.

   "He's coming! Hades can feel you here! Zephyr, go, go now!" I brought my wrist to my mouth and bit it. The bracelet immediately glowed. Carswell's mother waved me bye before disappearing.

   The light glowed brighter and brighter, pushing all the darkness away from me. I heard a grunt and someone shouting "Morana, my baby, please, don't go"! But before I could look at who was shouting, I felt Zane connect his mind to mine and mentally yank me out of the realm.

   "Zephyr! Zephyr!" I opened my eyes to see Zane and Xyra hovering over me. Xyra looked really worried and Zane looked like he was going to tear something apart. "Are you alright?"

   "Yeah, you got me out on time," I reached my hand out and pet his head to calm his lycan down, "I'm okay, big guy, I'm fine."

   "Hades, why was Hades after you?" Xyra asked, her eyes shining with power and anger. She didn't like the thought of one of her own being in danger.

   "I don't know, but Xyra, you have to hurry and open the book, ask the book not just about the story of Myrtle, but also about the demon dragon born to a full pledge demon and a weredragon who sought to become a full pledge dragon. You also have to find out about the lycan king that once tried to enslave other werecanids but was defeated by King Maxwell the third. And lastly, the vampire king that seeks to enslave humans and all under him. Leidyana said that Myrtle and Asia are going to summon them and that would make things harder for us; she wanted us to know what we are up against."

   Xyra took in a deep breath and looked at Carswell. He seemed to be communicating with his lycan and he looked really disturbed. She looked back to me with a smile and placed her hands on her hips. "Ready to finally know what this is really about?" I smiled back at her, more than ready to find out what was going on.