Chapter 1: Life (Part 4)

He just smiled and stared at me as we walked to the garden. I glanced at him, "Law... Why do you keep staring?" He stroked my hand, "Just cause... Does it bother you?" I looked up, "It's... It's ok..." He blinked surprised, then blushed as we arrived at my garden. It was a strawberry iris garden. "On my fifth birthday this fruit was discovered by someone... I got to eat it on my cake and it's been my favorite ever since..." I brought him to my bench swing and slipped my hand away as I sat back, "This is my favorite spot... I always come here to read or draw."

I looked over to see him hiding in his hat. I leaned to him, "Are you ok? Do you feel sick?" He cleared his throat softly, "... I'm... I'm the one that discovered them..." I blinked surprised then grinned, "That's so cool! How did you discover them? They're so yummy!" He looked away, "I-I was just walking in the woods... Found them there."

I leaned back and kicked my feet, "You're lucky then!" I giggled and teased, "You discovered the princesses favorite food!" He whispered, "I made them for you..." I hummed and looked at him, "Whatcha say?" He looked at me, "I'm glad you like them..." I giggled, "They're the best thing ever!" He smiled softly, "... I know something better..." I got closer, so he blushed and backed off. "What?! What's yummier?!" He looked away, "I-It's not food..." I puffed my cheek and looked away, "I want to try something with it... I like strawberry cake, but..."

He looked down, "What about strawberry milk?" He jerked as I grabbed his hand, "Let's go talk to Zeff!" I pulled him along, but he huffed and walked next to me. I skipped along to the kitchen as I held his hand. I burst in, "Owner Zeff!" A small boy with blonde hair twirls in front of me and takes my hand. He kneeled and kissed it, "What can I get you today princess?" I slowly slipped away and hid behind Law.

I hid in his shoulder, "I want to talk to Zeff about something..." He stood up and yelled, "Old man! The princess is here!" He turned to me and bowed, "Your tea and snack are ready. Would you like to have them here?" I look at Law, "... Can you bring them to the garden?... Have Zeff go too..." He nods and we head out. I looked at Law then down nervous, "U-Um, Law... So... I, um..." I looked away nervously, but looked at him as he chuckled, "... How much do you eat?..." I looked away pouting, "... F-five portions... A meal... Plus snacks..." I burned brightly as Luffy and Zoro popped out, "Don't lie Iri! You eat ten portions a meal and snacks! You're not fat because you e-" He turned and ran as I let go and started chasing him a bright red. "Monkey D Luffy! I'm going to kill you!"

Zoro stood next to Law and watched as I chased him around. "Hey Tra-... Traf..." His eyebrow twitched, "... Trafalgar... Tra-fal-gar." Zoro looked at him, "Tora-o, why do you look at her highness like that?" He crossed his arms, "It's Trafalgar, also... I don't wish to answer that question." Zoro looked between us and sighed, "Well... I don't think you mean any harm..." Zoro blinked surprised as Law muttered, "I'd kill anyone that would harm her if I could..." Zoro scratched the back of his head confused, "Let's go to the garden Iri." I looked at him and got off Luffy, "Alright... Only because I'm hungry..."

I looked at Law, "Want to hold hands again?" He went to grab it, but Zoro and Luffy grabbed my hands. Zoro looked at me, "We haven't held hands today..." I giggled and looked in front of me, "Ok..." Law huffed, but hid behind his hat as he followed. Luffy plopped down on a chair across from the table, Zoro stood behind me, and Law sat next to me. "So, Law... You look like a book person... What do you read?" Luffy asked, "Do you fight?" Law calmly answered each and every question, even if it annoyed him. For some reason he talked to me a little softer than the others, but still respectful.

We talked to Zeff about the strawberry milk and other ideas as we snacked and drank. I looked at Law as we finished up snack time, "Hey Law... Will y-" We looked over as Law's dad came over. He bowed, "Your highness, I hope he wasn't rude and you enjoyed your time... Unfortunately, it is time for Law and I head home." I got up and curtsied, "Thank you for pla-... Spending time with me today. Can..." I looked to the side, "... Can you... Come spend time with me again?..." Law looked up at his dad, who smiled, "If her highness wishes for it." I looked at Law, "Do you?... It's alright if you don't w-" He nodded, "I want to spend more time with you..." He jerked, "If her highness is willing, I would enjoy spending time with you again."

I grinned and giggled, "I'm excited for next time! Make sure to write to me, ok?" He nodded as he bowed, "Of course... It's been an honor to see you, your highness." I curtsied, "You as well Law-san." I waved as Law left before sitting with Zoro and Luffy again. After talking a bit Luffy and Sabo had to go and it was time for Teach to switch with Zoro.

I held myself against Zoro as he rubbed my back, "Why're you so scared of him? Is he hurting you too?" I shook my head, "Teach... Teach is creepy... Like he's always planning something..." He rubbed my back, "Do you want to talk to his grace about it?" I shook my head, "I'll let someone know if something like that happens... Promise."

He huffed and stroked my hair, "Please do Iri... I'll do a better job... I should've realized..." I smiled softly and pulled away as Teach walked up. I curtsied, "Thank you for today, Sir Roronoa." He bowed slightly, "It's my honor your highness... I wish for you to have a pleasant evening..." Zoro glared at Teach as he walked by before leaving.

I looked up at Teach, "I'm going to go study in my room..." He nodded and followed. "How has your day been, your highness?" I looked up, "It was really fun... I met Trafalgar Law today..." Teach jerked softly, "Did you now?... Care to tell what he was like?" I hummed softly then giggled, "He's weird! Definitely!... He was polite to everyone, but he was a little... Serious? No... Distant, maybe? With everyone, but me. Except sometimes he seemed a little competitive." I laughed softly, "He's such an interesting person." Teach laughed "Zehahahaha... That so? Glad you enjoyed yourself." I grinned and nodded happily, "I really did!"

I made my way inside my room as he waited outside. I grabbed my book and made my way to the couch to read and study until it was time for dinner. Shanks, Makino, Ace, and I had a great and fun dinner. Shanks said that Makino would teach me instead to be safe and that I would have an instructor for academics next year after my birthday some time. I'm not sure why, but... I want to spend more time and to get to know Law more and more.