Chapter 2: Debut (Part 1)

I ran to the window and looked down to see a carriage. I smiled and went to leave, but Makino grabbed me, "Iris! We're not done yet!" I puffed my cheek and sat back down. "Why do I have to wear this... It's stuffy..." She sighed, "Have you been doing those push ups that Rayleigh and Shakky told you?" I raised a brow, "Yeah?" She nodded and handed me a new dress, "Well, you need that because you're in puberty. Training bras are helpful at this time. Just wear them and continue those pushups in that way. Guarantee you won't regret it later."

I huffed and slipped on the white petticoat, the pink dress with white bows, then my pink leather flats. "I'm good now, right?" She pointed for me to sit, so I huffed and listened as she started doing my hair. "Aunt Makino... Hurry up! Law's already here!" I looked at her confused as she asked, "Want to see him that bad?" I glanced to the side as she started separating my hair into two sections, "I like spending time and being with him. Although we only talk about books or my newest desserts."

She giggled, "Well... It's been what... Three and a half years?" I puffed my cheek, "Almost four years... So, why dress u-" She tied my hair into a half ponytail and began tying a bow. "It's your twelfth birthday Iri... Don't you want to look nice?" I looked to the side, "... Yeah... True..." After tying my hair up I put in pink diamond earrings and then we headed out to greet everyone. 

When I walked out of my room Ace was there. I giggled as he offered his arm. I took it and we began walking, "Why is this year so fancy?" Ace chuckled, "It's a surprise..." I tilted my head, but giggled, "I see..." As we walked into the greeting room Law was sitting and talking with Zoro, Luffy, and Sabo. I puffed my cheek, "I thought Law was my friend! Why am I the one greeting him last?" Sabo ran up and grabbed my hand, "Come on, don't be like that... Here." Sabo led me next to him and I sat down.

I huffed, but looked and smiled at him, "I finally get to see you again!" He blushed lightly, but nodded, "Nice to see you again..." I giggled as he whispered in my ear, "I have something for you later." I nodded, "Ok!..." Ace asked, "You ready?" I hopped up and held hands with Ace and Sabo as we made our way to meet up with the adults.

I froze as Shanks yelled, "He said he would be here today! He should be here for at least this!" I looked at Sabo and Ace as they looked down and slipped away from me. I walked in and looked around, "Uncle Shanks..." He looked at me and grinned, "Wow! Look how pretty the birthday girl is!" I giggled as he twirled me and brought me with him, "What's up?" I huffed, "Who were you talking about?" He looked away, "W-We... Were talking about... Um..." Yasopp cut in and glared, "There's this guy that... Would've made this birthday even extra special!"

I tilted my head and looked around, "Garp, Uncle Shanks, Ben, Yasopp, Roux... Corazon, Anthoni, Ace, Sabo, Zoro, Luffy, Law..." I tilted my head, "... We're going to see Uncle Sengoku and you already said Grandpa Rayleigh would come tomorrow, so... I don't know anyone else." I looked around at his sad expression, "What?" Shanks patted my back, "No, it's nothing... Why don't you go get everyone and we'll head out."

I nodded and hopped down before running out, but I saw Ace's and Sabo's seething expressions. Zoro and Law took my hand and led me to the front. "Why are Ace and Sabo upset?" I looked down, "I don't want anyone else... Nami, grandpa, and grandma are coming tomorrow, right?"

I teared up, "Why's everyone so u-" Law cupped my cheek and wiped my tears, "It's nothing... Iris-ya... If you don't want anyone else, then we can tell them that." I sniffled, "... Let's just go up fr-" I jerked as a large man walked in the front door. I tilted my head confused as he walked into the next room not noticing us. I looked at Zoro, "Who's that?" He shrugged, "Let's go out front." I nodded softly and continued walking out.

The three of us talked before Ace, Sabo, and Luffy came out. I tilted my head, but smiled and waved, "We almost ready? Uncle Sengoku is waiting for us at the palace..." Ace hugged me, so I hugged him back, "What's wrong?" I froze as he muttered, "I'll protect you Iri... You don't need someone like him..." I looked down, "Oh... That's why..." I huffed and hugged him, "You know Ace... I consider myself to have a dad..." I giggled, "Uncle Shanks is my dad! Aunt Makino is my mom! It's that simple..." He huffed and stroked my back, "Well... That's fine..."

I looked up as Shanks, Makino, Garp, Corazon, and Anthoni came out. Shanks grabbed my hand, "You ready?" I nodded, so I held his and Makino's hand as we went into the carriage. Law, Shanks, Anthoni, Makino, Ace, and I took the carriage, while Zoro rode with Corazon on one horse, Garp and Luffy on another while Sabo rode with the driver.