eighty two | give 'em hell kid

From where he stood in front of the tomb, Vincent said, "Say not in grief, that she is no more, but be thankful that she ever was

From where he stood in front of the tomb, Vincent said, "Say not in grief, that she is no more, but be thankful that she ever was. And though she was taken far too soon, may her enduring light show us a way through this darkness. Let us mourn, because we cannot move until we do. And though the pain may, at times, seem like more than we can bear, make no mistake, we will move on. Yeah, even now the words of Ecclesiasticus are ringing in my ears. They're saying 'vengeance, as a lion, shall lie in wait for them'."

Then Vincent nodded his head over towards Joshua, who took a step forward and said, "A while ago, forever ago, I told Davina a story about my first boyfriend. But what I didn't tell her was that I had never shared that story with anyone else. She was like a sister and a best friend, and I loved her." While Annabelle held onto Kol's arm as he stared ahead of himself with a rather broken look on his face, "I wish... Uh..."

After Joshua had taken a step back, Kol let out a sniffle and Annabelle simply started to rub his back before Kol told them, "I'm sorry. I can't."

After glancing over at Joshua, Vincent and Marcel, Annabelle cleared her throat before she said, "If I can, I have some words I would like to say about Davina Claire."

Not long after she said that, Joshua, Vincent and Marcel slowly turned their heads to look over at her with furrowed eyebrows before Vincent eventually nodded his head in response, which allowed Annabelle to take a step forward and say, "When I first met Davina Claire three years ago, I didn't like her. She constantly fought against us all, and had no fear for repercussions if she did anything to piss any of us off. But, admittedly, the girl had fire in her heart and was willing to do anything she could to protect the ones she loved. This was something I had seen over the course of the three years I had known her. She was so willing to protect Marcel, Joshua, my brother Kol when he needed it, although he would like to think otherwise. Whether or not she knew of this, she had a tendency of bringing out the good in others that she would love and who would love her in return." After sighing to herself, she said, "Admittedly, I still didn't care much for her before I left New Orleans to return to Mystic Falls almost two years ago, but it didn't change the fact that she seemed to care for my brother when no one else seemed to."

After letting out yet another sigh, she said, "If it wasn't for Davina Claire sending me all of those text messages before I had returned to New Orleans, I wouldn't have known that Kol had died for a second time as a result of Finn putting some hex on him." Then she looked over at Marcel, who was staring over at her with narrowed eyes, before she said, "Davina Claire was a good witch and a good friend to all that she would consider to be one. She deserved better than the fate she had received, due to the fact that my horrible excuse of a brother and sister had destroyed the apparent circle that kept Davina from being marked by those Ancestors of hers. They could have found another way to rid Lucien of the power he had given himself, but they instead took the easy route and took it upon themselves to destroy a good soul like the one Davina Claire had. And to all those that loved her, I am sorry that it was my brother and sister that had done that to her. If it wasn't for me being holed up inside of Lucien's penthouse, I swear that I would have done absolutely everything I could to ensure that nothing happened to her and that she would be here right now, thanking the lot of you from saving her from whatever the Ancestors had in store for her."