eighty nine | voodoo in my blood

After turning around to look at Annabelle and Elijah, Marcel asked them, "The hell are you two doing here?"

While Annabelle only tilted her head and eyed Marcel with narrowed eyes, Elijah told him, "We need to talk." Then he looked over at the woman standing beside Marcel and said to her, "If you wouldn't mind."

While he continued to stare at the two Originals, Marcel said to the woman, "Excuse us." As the woman started to make her way away from them, Marcel said to them, "Make it quick."

Elijah said to him, "We need your help. Meeting an expert shortly. He'll be coming by way of Mystic Falls, carrying one of the bones and the means to find another. Between the four of us, we should have those remains by sundown."

In turn, Marcel asked him, "Why should I trust either of you? For that matter, why would either of you trust me?"

Elijah replied, "We don't. But why should we let old grievances hinder our common goal?" After he sat down on a single chair, Elijah said to him, "Here's a proposal. You come with us, we surrender the only weapon that can take your life."

While Elijah and Marcel continued to talk on the matter, Annabelle silently stared at the illusion of Lucien Castle, who was telling her that neither Elijah nor Marcel could be trusted.

And it was also telling her that if it came down to it, Elijah and Marcel would gladly lay down her life, if it meant that they wouldn't have to deal with Annabelle and her problems any more.

After Annabelle closed her eyes and gulped to herself, she started to repeatedly mutter the word 'no' under her breath, which got both Elijah and Marcel to glance over at the unstable Original and start to wonder just what the hell was wrong with her.

* * *

Five years ago

With a blank look on her face, Annabelle was staring at Freya, who was trying to explain to Annabelle why she did everything she did.

From when Freya saved Finn from being murdered by their siblings a year ago and up to the point where she told Rebekah that Annabelle was no longer a member of their family.

Freya thought that explaining it all to Annabelle would make them have a clean slate and to actually have the chance to act like sisters.

But unfortunately for Freya, hearing Freya's explanation for everything she did only made Annabelle that much angrier.

And while Finn, Elijah and Lucien listened from the next room to Freya's explanation and Annabelle's unusual silence, Annabelle started to clench her hands into fists and narrow her eyes at her sister as she started to shake from where she stood.

And due to Freya's lack of knowledge of what would happen as a result of Annabelle shaking, Freya continued to talk to her, while Annabelle's overwhelming urge to snap Freya's neck at that moment only grew the more she had to listen to Freya's excuses for not doing good by Annabelle and giving her a chance, despite all the rumors and wrongdoings she had heard about Annabelle for over a thousand years.