Chapter 31 I Will Always Love You

I smiled at Andy as he opened the door for me, "What a gentleman."

     He held out his hand to me as we headed towards the entrance. I smiled and took his hand. His large warm hand enveloped my cold one as we walked hand in hand to the rink. We went up to the desk and rented the ice skates we needed before putting them on and venturing out to the ice. I was definitely glad I had brought a jacket now. Andy got into the ice and seemed to have a pretty good grasp at what he was doing. I was a little slower and way more wobbly as i tried to keep my balance on the ice.

     I was so concentrated on my feet that I jumped slightly as Andy grabbed my hands. I looked up as he smiled at me, "Its easier than it looks, keep one foot straight and turn the other one slightly sideways and push off."

     I nodded as I gripped his hands tightly and tried it, "Like that?"

     He smiled, "Push off a little harder."

     I pushed off harder and let out a little squeal and laughed as I zoomed forward. "Does it get easier?"

     "It will with some practice."

     An hour later I was more or less moving at a good pace around the rink doing my best to avoid the other skaters around us. I looked ahead at Andy who was moving around with ease before losing my footing and landing right on my butt.

     Andy looked back at me and came as I began laughing uncontrollably while trying to get myself back up. "Jess, are you ok?"

     I laughed harder as I reached for his hands, "I'm fine. Just not as coordinated as you."

     He grinned at me, "How did you never learn to ice skate with a place like this in town?"

     "Well I don't know if you noticed but I'm not exactly coordinated. My mom actually use to bring me here with my friends a lot but there was one day when I fell so hard on the ice I landed wrong and broke my wrist. I was only about 7 but after that I refused to come back again."

     He laughed as he led us off the ice keeping a tight hold on one of my hands. I kicked off the blades as we stepped off the ice and picked them up to walk up and return our skates.

     "So Jess, are you hungry?"

     I smiled at him, "I'm starved. They have pizza here we can get."

     "Pizza it is, what kind do you want?"

     "Um hawiian."

     He made a face at me, "Pineapple and ham on a pizza is a crime to pizza."

     I laughed at his face, "I bet you haven't even tried it before, trust me its good."

     "I'll have to take your word for it. I'm gonna go order it, I'll be right back."

     I watched him as he walked up to the counter. He looked so out of place to be in my small town. He had been getting looks from the townies around him but if he had noticed he wasn't showing it.

     20 minutes later a hot bubbly pizza was set down in front of us along with two plates and some napkins. I put a piece on each plate for us and I took a bite.

     I looked up to find Andy looking a the bright yellow pineapple like it was some type of poison. I laughed at him, "It wont bite you Andy."

     He made a face at me as he took a bite of it, "Its not bad but I probably wouldn't order it again."

     I spoke threw another bite, "Don't be like that, just admit you like it."

     He took another bite, "The most I'm willing to give is its not that bad."

     I smirked, "Good enough. So I looked it up and the closest show you had to here was in ny city which is almost 300 miles from here. So why did you really come here Andy?"

     He slowly set his pizza down and cleared his throat, "Honestly, I really wanted to see you and I didn't know how else to make it happen."

     I nodded slowly, "You were so mad last time I saw you. I didnt plan on ever seeing you again Andy."

     He looked up right into my eyes, "Yea, I figured that."

     "Then why did you come for me."

     He shrugged, "Because I still love you."

     My breath caught in my throat, "Still?"

     He gave me a brilliant smile, "Always."

     I looked down as I picked at the pizza eating the pineapple and ham off the top. I looked up as I felt fingers under my chin. "I don't remember the moment I started to love you Jess, but ever sense then it has never stopped."

     "I know I hurt you Andy and I'm sorry."

     He shook his head as he looked down releasing my chin. "I was mad but I overreacted. I wish I had taken some time to cool off and not have said everything I did. If I had just taken the time to cool off you might still be at home with me and we might be in a different place right now."

     "Andy I forgive you. You have nothing to apologize for."

     His eyes shot back up to mine and for a moment it felt like we were the only two people in the room.

     We came out of it to the dark haired waitress clearing her throat. She looked right at Andy as she spoke completely ignoring me. "Can I get you anything else? And I do mean anything."

     I cleared my throat to get her attention, "We are fine here. You can go off and do whatever it is you should be doing right now."

     Andy looked at me with amused look on his face. The waitress gave me a fake smile and nodded as she threw another look Andy's way before she walked off.

     "Slut."

     Andy burst out laughing and my face turned red at my possessiveness. "A little jealous?"

     I smiled in embarrassment, "Maybe a little."

     He smiled the amusement clear in his eyes, "Maybe we should get heading back."

     I smiled back at him, "Yea maybe."