Chapter 19 Baby Boom

P.O.V JJ

     I woke up around 6 and realized I had only been sleeping for about two hours. I tiptoed to the guest room and opened the door silently to see Lori was still sleeping. I returned to my room and plopped on the bed. I picked up my phone went into my contacts and scrolled down to mom. I just stared at the screen and finally got the courage to press the call button.

     It wrung twice before I heard my moms breathless voice, "Hello? Jessica?"

     "Hi Mommy," my voice was so small and I felt like I was 12 again.

     "Hi baby. How are you. I've missed you... Did I do something to make you mad?"

     I felt tears already, "No Mom no. It's my fault. I got into a situation and I was selfish and only thought about myself."

     "Please come home baby. I'll stay home more we will spend more time together."

     "I can't Mom. I have a job here and a boyfriend. I can come visit Mom but I can't stay. I'll even try to convince Jordan to come visit. You would love him mom."

     After another hour of convincing her I was fine and didn't need to come home we hung up with anI love you and I felt a bunch of weight lift off of my shoulders.

     I looked up to see Lori at the site with her bags. "Where are you going?"

     "I'm going home babe. Just wanted to say good bye. The taxi is waiting for me."

     I stood up quickly hugging her tight. I felt the tears but held them back. I walked her to the front door and waved until I couldn't see the taxi anymore. I went back into the big empty house.

     I knew Jordan was working but I had the sudden urge to ask him a question. He picked up after the third ring, "Hey babe, is everything ok?"

     "Marry me."

     He laughed nervously and said, "I think I'm supposed to ask you that."

     "I'm serious. Right now, today."

     There was a short pause on the other end before he said, "Are you sure babe?"

     "I'm positive."

      "I love you. I'm coming home right now."

     The phone went dead and I let out a loud sigh. I needed to make a decision and now it was made. No going back now.

----------------------------
Six Weeks Later

     Jordan and I walked into the wedding venue hand in hand. Looking around everything was so overdone that it looked gaudy. We walked over to the benches that were decorated on the ends by black gaudy flowers and sat down. Not long after the wedding march started playing I put my hand on my stomach rubbing my small bump. Out came Andy followed by the groomsmen. Jason put his hand next to mine rubbing and I smiled up at him. Andy took his spot and his eyes found me. I saw him look at our hands obviously seeing the rings then at my face. He then looked back at my belly and realization dawned on him. I nodded my head confirming his thought.

     I'm pregnant. The night we got married I swallowed my fears and we had sex. That night I got pregnant. I'm six weeks now. We are both very excited and getting pregnant so quickly just makes me think even more that I made the right choice.

     Sam came down the isle just as gaudy as the rest of the wedding. You could tell her belly was getting bigger with the pregnancy and it just made her look sloppy.

     The vows were uneventful and unoriginal. As they came to the I do's Andy looked at me like he thought I would object. He looked away when I said nothing and said quietly, "I do."

     A large grin spread across Sam's face as she leaned in to kiss him. I looked away at Jordan and saw him studying me. I forced a smile and leaned in and kissed me softly. Both of us made our decision. He had his wife who was pregnant and I had my husband and I was pregnant.

     After the vows Andy and Sam both came up giving is hugs and we all congratulated each other. Us to them on the marriage and them to us on the marriage and the baby. I refused to make eye contact with Andy and I had the feeling this would be the last time I would see Andy or Sam for a very long time and I was right. Five years and so many things happen before we see each other again.