8

Harriet's POV

After two weeks, me and Clayton got used to acting like we were dating. And the stares and whispers I got while walking down the hall died down over time.

It was actually surprisingly easy. Since me and Clayton only have history and geography together, we didn't see each other much during school. So we rarely had to pretend to get along.

Halloween break is a week away. It is one of the few times when we are allowed to go home for a week. I haven't seen Lilian in a month and a half, so to say I was excited was an understatement.

I was currently sitting in English texting Quinn. We weren't allowed to go on our phones during class, but because I sat at the very back of the class the teacher didn't notice.

English is one of the few classes me and Quinn don't have together. I don't know anyone in my class, so as a result I sit on my own. Which I'm thankful for because I'd hate to sit beside someone I don't know.

I suddenly got a notification that I got a text from Clayton. Why the hell is he texting me?

Clayton and I don't text each other. Heck, the only reason I have his number was because Elijah added me and Quinn to a group chat with him, Ezra and Clayton. So him texting me was very unexpected.

                               Clayton

Meet me at the library

I check the time and see there are fifteen minutes left of class.

I ask Ms Sydney if can I go to the bathroom to which she replies yes. I grab my bag and walk out with no intention of coming back.

Luckily, Quinn showed me where the library was. If she hadn't I wouldn't of bothered trying to find it.

When I walk into the library I see that it's practically empty, apart from a few people sitting at the tables studying. But there's no sign of Clayton. I swear if that motherfucker just wasted my time.

I walk to the back of the library, thinking that if he was going to be anywhere it would probably be there, but there was still no sign of him.

I then noticed a small bit of smoke coming out from behind a bookshelf. I walk behind it and unsurprisingly, Claytons there smoking a cigarette. In a fuckin library.

He was leaning against the bookshelf; his phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other. He didn't notice me at first, so I cleared my throat.

He looked up from his phone and scoffed.

"Took you long enough," He said as he stood up straight. "Why did you call me here?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"My parents want to meet you," He tells me. Oh fuck no. "Clayton I'm not meeting your parents," I say. I was fine with acting like we were together in front of people in our school, but meeting his parents is where I draw the line.

"You don't have a choice I'm afraid," He says in a bored tone. I simply crossed my arms over my chest and shake my head, causing him to glare at me.

"You're my girlfriend. So as my girlfriend, you have to meet my parents" He says, explaining it as if I were a child. I scoff, "Clayton I'm not meeting your parents" I tell him in a serious tone.

"Yes, you are," He says as he takes a step towards me. "No, Im not," I say, mirroring his actions. We were now standing right in front of each other, both of us too stubborn to back down.

God his eyes are beautiful.

"Harriet you are meeting my parents. End of" He tells me.

He took a puff of his cigarette, still holding eye contact, which for some reason made my stomach feel weird.