68

Clayton POV

I hate life.

I'm currently walking up the endless flight of stairs because I left my phone in my dorm.

Quinn, the twins and I were all going home today- correction, the twins and I were going home today, and Quinn was joining us.

It's Friday, and we get until Monday off. Have no clue why though. Apparently the school is having some event. Quinn says it's so parents can come in and see the place so the school could make more money.

It is exactly one week to prom. The twins and Quinn are forcing me to go, specifically Quinn.

However, I have a feeling it's a set-up.

I walk down the hall and once I reach my dorm, I pull out my key to open the door. Once I open it, I see Harriet with her back to me packing a bag.

I notice her freeze once she hears the door open, but she doesn't turn.

Well good, because I don't want her to turn around so I can see her beautiful face again.

Harriet has been avoiding me for around three weeks now.

When I wake up in the mornings she's gone. She then sneaks back in at around nine o'clock, before she pretends to be asleep.

She's been hiding out in the library all day. Well, at least she thinks she's hiding. Not much of a good hiding place if I know where she is.

During lunch, she doesn't sit with us. Quinn says it's because she's busy, but it doesn't take a genius to know it's because of me.

She's trying to give me space, I can tell. But I don't want space, well I did at first but not anymore. I just want to see her. Even if I can't talk to her or be with her. I just want to see her.

This is your sign not to date your roommate or someone in your friend group.

I close the door before walking over to my bed and begin looking for my phone.

An extremely awkward silence fills the room, as neither of us speaks a word to the other.

Where the fuck is my phone?

I sigh before turning to Harriet.

I have no other option.

"Hey, could you ring my phone? I don't know where I left it" I suddenly say, and she tenses up but nods before picking up her phone off her bed.

It somehow got even more awkward while I stand waiting for her to call my lost phone.

The sound of my ringtone could be heard, and I notice the sound is coming from behind me. I turn around and see my bedside locker. I open the drawer, and there it is sitting in the drawer filled with random shit.

I pick my phone up and decline the call before shoving it in my pocket. I turn around and catch Harriet staring at me, but she quickly looks at the window as if it's the most interesting thing.

"Thanks," I tell her, and she looks at me before smiling a bit.

What the fuck am I supposed to say now?

"How've you been?" I ask, surprising both Harriet and myself.

"Oh...I um...well I've been...-"

"Shit?" I say bluntly, and she nods.

"Pretty much, yeah," Harriet says, and I chuckle.

I look at her face one more time before I plan to leave, but I get lost in her eyes. I stare at her, and she stares right back.