79

Harriet's POV

I wake up to the sun shining in my eyes. I groan as I look around, and see I'm...in my bed?

How did I get back here?

I sit up and notice I'm still in my clothes from yesterday. I get up and walk into my bathroom and do my business. While I'm washing my hands, I look in the mirror and notice my make-up from yesterday has been removed.

What is happening?

I walk out of my bathroom in a daze, before grabbing a pair of shorts and a hoodie before changing into them.

I walk out of my bedroom and head downstairs. However, once I reach the bottom of the stairs, I hear noise coming from the kitchen.

I cautiously walk into the kitchen, and I freeze when I see Clayton with his back to me cooking something.

"Morning," He says, without even turning to look at me.

"What are you doing here?" I mumble as I slowly walk over to him. He chuckles before turning around and hugging me. "I brought you home from the hospital last night, remember?" Clayton says while I wrap my arms around him.

"I thought that was a dream" I tell him truthfully, and he laughs. "Do you dream about me a lot?" He teases with a grin on his face as he pulls away from me.

I roll my eyes playfully before sitting on top of the kitchen island.

"So you removed my make-up?" I ask and he hums as he turns away from me. "I didn't change your clothes because I wasn't sure to weither you'd be comfortable with that since we're not together," Clayton tells me, and I can't help but smile.

"You had literally no food, so I went to the shop and got you some stuff" Clayton tells me. "Thanks" I mumble, still trying to figure out if this is a dream or not.

"What have you been living off of this week?" Clayton chuckles and I sigh. "Dollars store noodles and take out" I answer truthfully, and he turns and looks at me.

"Very healthy Ms.Miller" He jokes and I roll my eyes. "My health wasn't my main priority" I tell him and he shoots me a sad smile.

"Look, I want to apologise-"

"Don't" I tell him, and he sighs. "Harriet let me-"

"Stop Clayton. We went over this yesterday. What your dad did is not your fault" I scowl, and he looks down. "But if I never-". I cut Clayton off.

"If I never set Aria's car on fire, none of this would have happened. I love you, but your logic is stupid" I tell him, and he sighs, looking at me with a small smile.

"What?" I ask confused, surprised he dropped it that quickly. "You love me?" Clayton whispers, and I snort. "Of course I love you- again, we went over this yesterday," I tell him and he grins. Clayton walks over to me and stands between my legs before kissing me.

"Say it again," He tells me once he pulls away.

"I love you" I smile and he smiles..

"One last time?" He whispers and I laugh, wrapping my arms around his neck before kissing him.

He cups my face and kisses me back. My heart is racing in my chest, unable to believe this is real, and that I have him back.

I pull away and rest my forehead against his as we catch our breath.

"I love you Clayton" I whisper, and he smiles. "And I'll remind you whenever you need," I say against his lips.

"I love you" He whispers back, and I smile back at him.