Part 1

PoV: Sonic The Hedgehog

"Sensei! We made you something!"

"Hm?" I looked up from my desk to find the kids had all been doodling on their papers, "What did you make?"

"Read it! Read it!" It was a stack and handed to me.

"Let's see. I can see the words, I like school. And there's the classroom. This it beautiful," it was a colorful drawing they had made with their classmates. Everyone has drawn themselves.

"Turn the page! Turn the page!" They had even taped it together like a book.

"Okay, let me turn it," I went through every page. They had wrote a short book about playing at school, "This is amazing. Should I read it for story time today?"

"Really! You'll read it for everyone!" They has such bright smiles on their faces.

"Of course. You all worked so hard. I'll even staple it together and put it in the classroom library. Is that okay?"

"Yeah! Can I put my name on it like real book makers do?"

"Me too!"

"I know. You can all write your names here," I pulled out a blanket sheet of paper and wrote the class number and the year at the top. I added the words, 'made by' and turned it too them, "Then everyone will know who helped make an amazing story."

They took turns writing their names and I slipped it onto the back of the pile.

"Let's all have snack time while I finish the book, okay?" I got up and had everyone sit for snack. While the students ate, I carefully slipped each made into a protective plastic covering. I took a picture of the cover and printed it. I placed it into the front of a small binder and then placed the protected pages inside. I slipped the sheet with all their names into the back cover of the binder, "There we go. A proper book. Hmm, I should make this a project for next year's class too. I bet the children would have lots of fun making a book together."

"Sensei! Is it story time yet?"

"I wanna read the story!"

"Can we read the story now?"

"I suppose early story time isn't a bad idea. I'll read to everyone while we enjoy snack today. Ready?" I got up, binder in hand. "This book it called, I like School. It's by the star class."

---

"Bye bye! I'll see you all tomorrow!" I waved goodbye as everyone went home.

"Sonic, nice to see you've finished class with the Star class," the Principle had come outside.

"Sir, it's nice to see you. The kids are so wonderful. They even created a book for me in class today. I think I'd like to make that a project for the next year's students as well."

"Sonic, you're projects with the students are always taken well but... It's difficult for me to say, but I don't think you qualify as a teacher," He handed me a paper.

"What? But their grades are excellent. And the projects help them learn. If I need to make adjustments I can-"

"It wasn't my decision. The board wants to push this school to be more academic focused. And that means, we need academicly focused teachers. You are not that. The semester ends in two weeks, you can finish teaching this class, but then you must move on. If I were you, I'd look for a preschool to teach. Somewhere you can do your silly projects all day," he left and looked down at the paper he had given me.

My pink slip... a notice of termination... Damn it... Why? I've been at this school as a teacher for two years... Why do I have to leave?

PoV: 3rd Person

Somewhere in the city, hidden within a small apartment complex. There was a form silently standing before a large green gem. Behind them were three other.

"Master Emerald..." They spoke, "We ask for you help... Please, show us what we need to do."

The gem glowed, and within it an image began to appear. Brilliant blue, and vivid green.

"I see..."

"What do you see?" Yellow eyes glowed, asking to view the image, "Hm... We'll being the searching. It's going to be summer soon, the daycare will become busier so we must search before that time comes. Mephiles, can you search over night?"

"Of course. Any clues?" The green eyes figure asked.

"A school, station square elementary."

---

"I can't believe this..." I collapsed into bed as I finally got back to my apartment, "I got fired for running a fun class..."

Buzz! My phone went off. I groaned as I opened the message I had recieve from my landlord. Damn it... I won't have enough money to pay rent next month. Fuck...

This is hopeless...

~~~

4/05/2022

New Book!!! Expect a lot of egg laying kinks in this story. Have I planed put the whole book yet? No. But we're gonna wing it.

  Love you guys!