Part 19

PoV: Knuckles

"Where's Mr. Sonic?" Cream looked around.

"He's resting today," I answered Cream.

  She had been asking me that question every day since Sonic laid our egg. It wasn't just her. All of the kids had been asking and asking.

"Sonic isn't here again?" Tails came in and sighed, he was holding a box, it looked like another toy model of his.

"Why is Sonic always getting sick?" Charmy flew up to me.

"He's not sick. He's resting," I answered.

"Resting from what?" Tails came up to me, "What happened?"

"Nothing happened, he just fell the other day. So he has to rest," I was quickly overwhelmed with their question.

"Why did Sonic fall?"

"Does that mean another day without a project?"

"I want Sonic to teach me subtraction."

"Okay. Okay!" I stood up, "We'll do this one thing at a time. Let start with some coloring. I'm sure there are some extra print outs somewhere," I quickly walked over to the cabinets.

  How does he think of a new project for everyday?! These kids love him so much. I just have to remind them that I'm just as fun as Sonic is.

"Alright, who wants to do some finger painting?" I found the paints and lots of paper with characters and patterns printed on them.

"Yeah! Painting! Painting!"

That should be a good start. Then we'll do tutoring, outside playtime, read aloud, nap time, snack time, and more playtime.

PoV: Sonic

"Do you think Knuckles is okay by himself?" I asked Eclipse as I worked on preping another project for the kids in daycare.

"I'm sure he's fine. He was solely in charge before we hired you," Eclipse answered. He was working on something on his computer. His office was downstairs but he was working in the livingroom today since everyone else was working, "What are you doing over there? Your supposed to be resting."

"I wanted to make a few projects for Knuckles to do with the kids," I cut put one last piece and set the pile aside.

"You truly are a wonderful caretaker for all of those children," Elipse smiled as he took my finished pile away, "Have you a Knuckles decided on a name for the egg?"

"Oh... I haven't talked to him about it yet," I started cutting out peices for the next project, "Tsk..."

"Are you alright?" Eclipse took my hand.

"I'm fine, my hand just started to cramp. I should probably take a break," I felt him start to massage my hand, "That kinda hurts Eclipse."

"You'll have to bear with it. It you don't stretch your hand properly you may have to wear a splint," he kept going for a while before stopping.

"I'll take a break for a while," I decided to type up some practice worksheets instead for each of my tutor students.

"Sonic, I haven't finished the rest, but I did finish this part," Eclipse held out a box for me.

"This is for me?" I opened it as he nodded and smiled. It was a peice of the blue shell embedded into a silver bracelet. It wasn't cut or shaved down. A thin string of silver traced the jagged edges instead. It was a small piece and wasn't sharp enough to poke me, "Eclipse this is beautiful..."