Chapter 4: Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep

<Central City/Argus>

Lyla goes into her office, taking off her jacket as she sets it on the rack as she walks inside as she passes by a newspaper clipped to the wall that said "Flash Missing

Lyla goes into her office, taking off her jacket as she sets it on the rack as she walks inside as she passes by a newspaper clipped to the wall that said "Flash Missing." She goes over to her desk and sits down as she sighs.

She leans back and her eyes gaze to a picture that sat just left of her on her desk. It was a picture of her, John, their kids with Iris, Barry, Nora, Bart and Henry.

She sighs as she sees how distant Henry was from the picture. As she grabs the photo, she feels a wind as she looks up and sees Bart and Nora standing there.

Lyla: I was wondering when you you were two were gonna show up.

Nora takes off her mask as she walks over to Lylas desk and begins talking.

Nora: Where is he Lyla?

Lyla chuckles as she sets the picture back down on the desk and she looks up at the two speedsters.

Lyla: I don't know. He hasn't been here.

Bart: When he's not out killing someone or at his gym he's here. We know he came here, so just tell us where he is.

Lyla leans back in her chair again as she looks at Bart.

Lyla: He went to Star City.

Nora: What? Why? Henry never leaves Central City.

Lyla crosses her arms as she replies.

Lyla: He believes somebody framed him.

Bart: Well he's lying. We know what he did. He's just trying not to be caught. Come on, sis let's go.

Then Bart races out of Lylas office as Nora puts her mask on.

As Nora turns around to run away, Lyla stands up.

Lyla: He's lost Nora.

Nora stops and turns around to Lyla.

Nora: I know.

Lyla steps around the table as she goes over to Nora.

Lyla: Do you? Because it seems like these days you worry more about Henry than you do Central City.

Nora: That's not true.

Lyla: Isn't it? Look out there at the city.

Lyla walks over to the window as she pulls the curtain open and outside it was dark, not because the sun had went down or anything, it was the feeling of dread and darkness because of a man out for blood.

Lyla: Henry did the one thing that Reverse Flash, Zoom and every other big bad couldn't. He took over the city. I love Henry, Nora I do. Just as I have loved you and Bart but this... Henry is out for blood and if someone is framing him.

Lyla sighs as she pulls the curtain shut and goes over to her desk as she carefully lays her palms down on it and takes a breath as she looks up at Nora.

Lyla: Then we should all be worried of what he might do if he doesn't find whoever it is trying to mess with him.

Nora: I promise. I'm gonna save Henry. I'm gonna bring him home.

Lyla: Don't make promises you can't keep...XS.

Nora then raced out of the Argus as Lyla sits down at her desk again and opens it up and pulls out an envelope as she stares at it for a moment.

Lyla: I promise.

————

<Star City>

A streak could be seen running along the street in Star City, but this wasn't Star City that you may know. This Star City was broken, not by Speed Demon, no Star City became broken king before Speed Demon was even a thought in the mind.

The streak enters a broken down clothing store as it then arrives in the alley just behind this clothing store as Henry leans against the wall as he races in a circle and was now in those clothes and his suit went into a ring that was on his finger.

Henry leans back on the building putting his hands over his neck as he stood there for a moment thinking about the person who could have framed him. Who would frame him? Who would put their life in jeopardy knowing what Speed Demon was capable of? Those two questions bounced around in Henry's mind as he takes his hands off his neck.

He walks out from the alley and peaks out seeing just how damaged Star City was. The broken cars, and the shattered glass was enough to make him smirk as he placed his hands in his pockets as he started walking down the street.

As he made his way down the street the words of what Thawne said went through his mind. How Thawne said that Star City was the place he'd find his answers. He stopped when he reached the corner and looked around. He knew that if he wanted answers there was only one place he could get them.

Some say it's a place to release stress, others say it's the place where nightmares are made. It's an underground cage fighting ring where the only way you can get out of the ring is either with death or victory.

Henry started walking in the direction of the location of where he knew this underground cage fighting ring to be.

Henry was off to search for answers and hopefully find out just who was trying to frame him.

————

<Central City>

A man is currently running down the street in Central City, you could see the horror in his eyes as he darted passed jitters which was now abandoned. The man started screaming for Xs or Impulse but no one came.

The man turns the corner as he trips on the ground cutting his hands on the concrete as he turned around on the ground and started backing up, tears fell down his eyes as if he knew today was the last day he'd be alive.

Just then, a dark blue streak appears in the alley as a man in a suit was now walking towards the man. This dark blue streak of a man just laughed as he walked towards the man on the ground as he cried, begging him to let him live.

Man: (Cries) Please... I'm sorry. Please! Speed Demon will kill me if I talk. He'll kill me.

???: Speed Demon controls this city with an iron fist. It's time someone stood up for Central City and made it home again.

The dark blue streak of a man raced towards the man as he picked him up by the throat as the man started to choke as he is then held against the building.

The dark blue streak of man vibrated his hand over the chest of the other man as he speaks.

???: I'm the hero now.

The man cries as the fist goes through his chest and his body is dropped to the ground.

The dark blue streak then races out of the alley leaving a trail of energy behind him.

Who was this new speedster? Why did he kill this man?

To Be Continued.....