Chapter 20: The Path Two Have Taken

<Central City On A Different Earth>

Speed Demon gets on his knees as he brushes off his chest and legs as he stands up seeing the man in the suit that was in front of him.

???: Who are you? And how do you know the name Eobard Thawne?

Speed Demon chuckles as his eyes glimpse around his surroundings at Central City before he looks back at the one in front of him.

Speed Demon couldn't quite put his finger on the man standing in front of him but he did feel a slimmer of who he was....

???: I'll ask again. Who are you?

Speed Demon: Oh me? I'm a speed demon.

???: Speed what?

Speed Demon takes off running past the man as the man groans in annoyance as he takes off running after him, the two run around Central City as Speed Demon stops at the end of an ally as the one following stands just in the distance.

Speed Demon: Who are you?

???: They call me Red Death.

Speed Demon chuckles as he steps forward as he tilts his head at the man called Red death, but Speed Demon didn't see death, no in fact he saw something completely different, he saw light, but not just ordinary light, he saw a man fighting the darkness, that just made him more intriguing because now he knew exactly who he was...

Speed Demon: And you know Eobard Thawne?

Red Death: Some would say I do.

Speed Demon smiles as he walks forward as Red Death begins walking forward.

Speed Demon: Then you can tell me where he is?

Red Death: In this time I couldn't tell you but in 2049, he is currently sitting in a cell at Argus.

Speed Demon tilts his head for a second, the notion of knowing who this man was had become clearer.

Speed Demon thinks harder as he starts circling around as he looks around at Central City, the windows, the cars, the buildings, the men and woman and it hit him, he knew where he was and who stood in front of him.

Speed Demon: I'm on a different earth.

Red Death: You what?

Speed Demon runs at Red Death as he punches him as Red Death flips in the air and crashes to the ground as he groans and looks up at Speed Demon as Speed Demon stood over top of him.

Speed Demon: Sorry but I can't have anyone interfering with what I plan to do. That includes you or any other speedsters here.

Black and red Lightning courses off Speed Demons body as he takes off running as his speed once again slows him down but he pushes through it for just a moment as a portal begins opening, but the portal for some reason began to glitch as Speed Demon turned his head as he struck with a punch that sends him flying into the park as his body moves up and down on the ground as he finally comes to a stop as he lets out a small groan.

Speed Demon gathers himself as he looks up and sees Red Death standing in front of him as Speed Demon lets out a smirk as he runs over at him and the two begin punching each other but as if a force of instant super strength Speed Demon is caught by a massive blow as he once again is knocked to the ground.

He looks up at the speedster as he tilts his head as he gets up to his knees and spits out some blood.

Speed Demon: What are you?