Chapter 22: She Was There...

Lightning shot from his hands as he threw a lightning bolt as Mon-el who flew through the air and land on the ground, Speed Demon ran at Mon-el and lifted him up by his collar as he vibrated his hand just a few inches from his chest.

Speed Demon: You've been at this for months. When will you learn? You can't beat me, Mon-el. *Tilts head* Though I do love the challenge.

Speed Demon goes to kill Mon-el but is suddenly struck at his waist as he crashed to the ground and rolled into the building, he shook his head for a moment as he looks up to see the second member of the legion of superheroes Irma.

Speed Demon was mesmerized by her, such a pure soul, that's what he thought the few times they had met but he also saw just a hint of darkness. Maybe it was because of his own darkness but he knew Irma had darkness that was just waiting to be let out.

Speed Demon rises to his feet as he says...

Speed Demon: Poor Bart and Nora. Couldn't take me down themselves so they had to call you. The legion. The justice society would scoff at this notion of being a superhero team. I met them before, you know? Back in 1945. Almost killed Rex Tyler.

Irma steps forward, causing Speed Demon to stand up straight as Irma holds her hands out in front of him likely as a way to make Speed Demon feel like she wasn't a threat...but he knew differently.

Irma: Henry it's not to late to stop this. Central City should be a place of happiness not torture or death or even a kingdom.

Speed Demon chuckles as he spins around and then runs at Irma and stands in front of her. It was like he could sniff the fear right out of her as she slowly took a step back as he tells her...

Speed Demon: Central City is mine. I did what no other meta human in history did. I took down the flash.

Speed Demon goes to run away but Mon-el runs and stands in front of him as Speed Delon throws a fist but Mon-el grabs him and turns him around as Speed Demon elbows him in the gut as he turns around and uppercuts him.

Speed Demon stands over Mon-el as he punches him a few times but as he goes to punch him again, someone grabs his hand and he sees Brainiac five who throws him to the ground.

Speed Demon once again chuckles as he gets on his knees as two blurs run past him and we see Xs and Impulse standing next to the legion of superheroes.

Speed Demon: Oh. How cute. I could almost shake in my boots at how unfair this fight is. The odds of winning given It's five against one.

Bart: Exactly. It's five against one. So stand down.

Speed Demon laughs slightly as he stands back to his feet and puts one hand behind his back as he says...

Speed Demon: Forgive me. I didn't clarify. I meant the odds of you winning are low. I mean you five against me. That's pretty uneven don't you think?

Mon-El: You can't take on the five of us at the same time.

Speed Demon steps forward as he tells him....

Speed Demon: Yes. Actually I can.

Impulse is the first to run at Speed Demon as Impulse goes for a punch but Speed Demon ducks under it as he punches Impulse in the gut while still keeping one hand behind his back. Speed Demon heads Impulse and then kicks him to the ground as Xs runs at him but Speed Demon runs behind her and then flips her to the ground.

Keeping the pace, the legion of superheroes run at Speed Demon but the three of them are easily taken down as Speed Demon runs in circles as shoots lightning bolts at all five of them as he runs over to Impulse and lifts him up and then punches him hard.