Chapter 11: All A King Needs Is His Kingdom

<Central City>

Henry and Mia stood face to face as the two stared into each other's eyes as if they were studying each other. This interaction for Henry was different, he'd never seen anyone stare at him without a hint of fear and it was true for Mia. She didn't fear him, she couldn't fear him cause she had a feeling there was more to Henry West-Allen that meets the eye.

Henry took a step back as he says something just to break the silence that seemed to last forever.

Henry: Why are you here, Mia?

Mia stepped toward Henry but Henry just took another step back as Mia told him.

Mia: Can't I just see a friend?

Henry scoffed at this....Not because he didn't like her being in the same room with him but because she doesn't even know who he is, and if she did, she'd turn around and walk away.

Henry: We're not friends. I have no friends.

Mia saw Henry's eyes gaze over to the trash can which had the photo he had thrown away but she saw his eyes come right back to her as he turned around and walked out of the room.

Mia: Henry, wait...

Mia then walked into the other room, and saw Henry standing by the window and was looking outside.

Mia: We can be friends, Henry.

Henry once again scoffs and turns and faces her as he crosses his arms.

Henry: A king doesn't need friends, Mia. All a king needs is his kingdom.

Mia looked at the ground, thinking about what Henry had just said but she knew he didn't really think of himself as king and she looks back up at him as she says.

Mia: A man such as yourself doesn't think of yourself as a king. I mean, a king has a throne and you...*Looks around* have a gym.

The speedster couldn't help but to laugh at this as he steps forward towards me as he and her come face to face again and his eyes turn black which officially brought out the fear in Mia's eyes as he spoke with his demonic voice...

Speed Demon: Central City is my throne.

Mia flinches at the sound of Henry's voice as his eyes turn back to normal as he pushes past her and slams the door as Mia turns and looks at the door that was now closed as she looks around the room.

———-

The moment was odd for Lyla as she looked at her husband and saw something she hadn't seen in a while.

She saw nervousness over his face as she says.

Lyla: John, what's the problem?

Hal steps forward as Lyla looks at him.

Hal: Is there somewhere else we can talk?

Lyla thinks for a moment and the place they could talk comes to mind and answers Hal's question.

Lyla: Star Labs.