Chapter 16: Alone Isn't Always A Good Thing

<Flashback; Years Ago/Central City>

We hear a bell at the middle school go off as we see young kids, girls and boys all making their way out, happy and cheering as they ran to their parents as some walked, just excited to go home for the day to prepare for tomorrow.

Then a young Henry walks out of the school with his book bag tightly on his shoulders and his sweatshirt just barely touching the ground as he looks around searching for either his father or his stepmother but he just sighs not seeing either one of them as he stepped down from the steps and sat down as he clicked his boot on the ground.

Seconds passed, minutes had passed, hours passed and Henry still sat waiting on the steps for either of his parents to show up and take him home, but no one came, sadly Bart and Nora didn't go to school day because of an appointment, maybe that's why they didn't show up. Or maybe it was because they had forgotten him....again.

Henry just looked with up expression, this had became a regular theme, him getting out of school and waiting to be picked up and eventually it just became another day for him.

He stands up as he scoffs and walks along the grass as his sweatshirt hung down from his hand.

———

Henry was now seen walking at night, rain had started pouring down as he was now drenched in water, he turned a corner into an ally, hoping that this would make an easier shortcut, but maybe he didn't want it to last, just in the distance Henry heard chattering coming from somewhere.

As he walked in closer as he squinted his eyes he finally saw a light as four men, who looked as though they spent their lives on the streets saw Henry as they walked over to him.

Men #1 Look what we got here. A boy.

The men laugh as they get closer to him.

Man #2: Didn't mommy ever tell you not to walk alone at night?

Henry looks up at the second man with anger on his face.

Henry: Shut up.

He says as he tries to push past them but the first man grabs his arm as he says...

Man #1: What the hell did you say kid?

Henry takes his book bag of his shoulder as he pushes it into the first man's stomach as he stumbles back as the third guy grabs Henry and throws him to the ground.

Man #3: You got a lot of nerve kid, I'll give you that.

The fourth guy takes out a pocket knife as he bends down and grabs Henry's backpack as he takes everything out of it and throws it all over the ground as Henry crawls for the picture of his turtle as the man kicks him in the stomach as Henry groans as he holds his stomach tight.

Man #1: This child thinks he's something.

The first man grabs Henry's arm as he lifts him up into the air as the man is suddenly hit in the back as Henry falls to the ground.

Henry slams his hands on the ground as no fear, or scared, or sadness comes out, it was just anger, that's all he thought as he heard the men screaming as they began running away.

As Henry came out of his anger, he's suddenly grabbed by the arm and helped up as Henry looks forward as sees a man standing in front of him who says...

???: You okay, kid? What are you doing out here all by yourself? Come on.

The man helps Henry up as Henry looks and sees a big gym there as the man helps him inside as he looks behind him as the man closes the door.