Chapter 9

- Pure hate -

Destiny arrives in front of the door of the house, takes the keys to open it, but her hand shakes so much that she can't insert them correctly. Before she can turn the key the door opens and the girl finds her parents in front of her, she stands still, she doesn't know if she will find the strength to face that situation.

"Destiny thank goodness."
Her mother hugs her

"we were so worried"
Says the father approaching.

Destiny pulls away from her mother's hug, she has an expression mixed between anger and sadness, tears threatening to come out any minute, but she wasn't going to let them.

"I guess you want an explanation"
The father states in a low tone of voice as he invites her in.

The three of them sit down at the table located in the dining room, Destiny nervously bites her nails waiting for one of them to say something.

"If you heard what we said, know that we regretted it immediately..."
The father begins the speech

"... We would never do something like that"
The mother continues

"we are really sorry baby. But you know when a person is cornered the most absurd thoughts take over"
The man is sincere and keeps staring at the table

"I understand... But it still hurt"
Destiny admits, placing her hands on the table

"We will find a solution, all together"
The mother concludes, taking the hands of the other two and bringing them closer.

Destiny goes to her room, she needs to digest what has just happened, the tears she has been holding back until a while ago make their way on her face, tired after the events of the day she collapses on the bed with her tears still hot and her soul upset.

——————

It's morning and Destiny wakes up with a slight headache, she goes downstairs where she finds her mother preparing breakfast, which is very unusual since they usually only eat packaged things.

"Mom what are you doing?"

"good morning honey, what does it look like I'm doing?"
Replies with a big smile the woman

"you don't have to do that, you don't have to make it up to me"
Destiny points out to her, a few good deeds will not erase the words of the previous day from her mind.

The mother remains silent as she turns the pancake she is cooking. Once finished the two eat together

"where is dad anyway?"
Destiny asks curiously, noting that the man hasn't shown up all morning

"he left early, I guess he's still looking for a job.... Any one"
The mother concludes the sentence with an extremely sad tone and her daughter notices this

"anyway, breakfast was great"
The girl says with an affectionate tone and look, having however appreciated the gesture of her mother, who smiles sweetly.

Destiny goes back to her room and gets dressed, it's Saturday, she decides to go to the decadent part of town without telling anyone, not even Nathan or Audrey, she needs some time alone. Once there she enters one of the abandoned buildings, that was the perfect place to isolate herself in her thoughts and momentarily forget the world around her.

An hour has passed, Destiny is still leaning against one of the pillars of the building, she has been thinking a lot and has made the final decision not to be angry with her parents, she knows that the situation they are going through is stressful and that some negative thought can always pop into mind. Her inner conversation is interrupted by a sudden loud bang that makes her jolt

"what the hell?"
She gets up and starts walking around the building sure that the noise is coming from inside.

Another bang, then another, Destiny starts to get worried, but now she definitely wants to find out what the source of the noise is, she gets to the ground floor, she had climbed slightly higher so she could be sure she was alone. Turning the corner she finds someone with their back turned, she is stunned by the sight of them.

"alchemist what the hell are you doing here?"
The boy jumps as he was really focused on his "job"

"you rather"
His friend replies

"I was having a wonderful conversation with myself before you interrupted me"
She says dryly as she approaches the boy examining the damage caused by his explosives

"Well you interrupted my experiment"

"Yes, but I'm not going to risk destroying an already dilapidated building and give the others a heart attack"
Destiny points out always wanting to have the last word.

Nathan turns to the last remaining explosive, ready to detonate it, heedless of what might have happened if it had hit some sensitive point of the building or even himself or Destiny

"Wait"
The girl stops him

"what is it?"

"I came up with the perfect place to test it"
The girl states with a grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I foresee big trouble my dear readers >_<
Read the next chapter to find out what destiny is up to! ❤️🐺
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~