Chapter 29

- Curtain -

"Mom, I'm going out. I'll see you when I get back"

"Alright, have a good day honey"

Destiny leaves the house and heads off to school, today her class and the other third grade are going on a field trip to the theatre, it is in the rich part and this doesn't sit well with the girl but she has never gone to the theatre before and she doesn't want to miss this opportunity. Destiny arrives at the entrance, Nathan is already there along with the teachers and their respective classes

"Hola lupos"

"hola alchemistas"
(Super correct Spanish)

"ready for our first boring time in the theatre?"

"what makes you think it's going to be boring?"

"Come on Destiny, we're talking about theatre"

"Yeah, but the teacher said it's a comedy play"

"Whatever, but if you're disappointed, don't sulk"

"I'm not gonna pout about something stupid like that, I'm not a kid"

The buses arrive and the classes board, Destiny immerses herself in her world putting on her headphones and turning the music up to maximum volume, even if one day she would become deaf she doesn't care, she can't live without the isolation that her beloved headphones allow her to have.

"Awwhh we're finally here"
Nathan says as he gets out of the bus, stretching and yawning loudly

"I told you a million times to put your damn hand in front of your mouth"
The girl, unnerved by having to repeat herself every time, scolds him

"okkkay mommy"

The teachers repeat for the seventeenth time not to bother the other audience members, to sit in their assigned seats, and not to chat during the show. All the students take their seats, Destiny looks around like a little girl in a candy store, she doesn't know exactly why but she finds this place really fascinating, the red purple of the curtain and the seats give her a strange feeling of warmth, she notices that there are also the upper stands, the classic ones where wealthy people sit in TV series and movies. The girl looks up to see if anyone is actually sitting in those seats, her heart stops beating for a moment and then resumes faster than before, it is now clear to the girl that fate is having a great time making her life more complicated than it already is, however the wolf pretends not to have seen anything and returns with her gaze to the still closed curtain, she doesn't want her first time at the theater to be ruined by feelings that she should not even have.

After a few minutes the show begins, the curtain opens revealing the setting and the characters that are going to give life to the play, the wolf's eyes begin to shine after a few minutes, even if it is a comic performance the girl thinks it is the most beautiful thing she has ever seen, the way the actors manage to make everything so real, their expressions and gestures so natural that they almost don't seem dictated by a script. After two hours the show ended, the actors bowed to the audience before the curtain closed among the applause of the spectators, especially that of Destiny whose hands blushed from all the applause.

After a few minutes everyone was ready to leave but a gentleman appears on stage, he is illuminated by a very light yellow light, he is holding a microphone

"kind spectators I ask you to stay in your seats for a few more minutes"
He begins to speak, the people who had stood up resumed their seats, curious about what he had to say.

"I would like to call to the stage here a very dear fellow citizen of ours.... Jennifer Diamond!"
Announcing the gentleman, a light is shone on the girl who at first tries to politely decline but then is persuaded to accept the man's invitation