Chapter 32

- Open your eyes -

It's been two days since Audrey was taken to the hospital and she still hasn't opened her eyes, Destiny and Nathan have gone back to their house but they still visit her every day, Mr. and Mrs. Abbott on the other hand have continued to spend the nights at the hospital thanks to the kindness of the doctor who asked permission from his superior to let them stay there until their daughter wakes up. Carla is sitting next to Audrey's crib, she is stroking her hand gently, her father has gone out for a moment to get coffees at the bar, they didn't sleep very well, in fact they didn't sleep at all.

"Honey open your eyes... Please"
Whispers the woman

"you are strong, you can do this.... You can't leave us. I couldn't take it"
Carla is about to cry, the hand with which she is caressing her daughter's is trembling slightly.

At one point the woman's prayers seem to be about to come true, Audrey's index finger moves slightly, the mother can't believe her eyes but the movement is repeated infecting the other fingers and then the whole hand.

"Audrey! Audrey can you hear me honey?"

"m...mu...m?"
The girl opens her eyes very slowly

"yes honey it's me"
Carla can't contain her joy and the tears she held back earlier begin to make their way down her face

"sorry... I made you wait so long didn't i?"

"the important thing is that you're awake now"
Says the woman stroking her cheek

"Here are the coffee dar.... Audrey!"
The father places the small cups on a stool that is in the room and walks over to the crib

"hi dad"

"welcome back baby"
While the parents are calling the doctor to let him know Audrey has woken up, Destiny and Nathan arrive at the hospital, they arrive in front of the room and learn the great news and ask to see their friend

"the doctor will see her for a moment, then you can see her too"
Mr. Abbott tells them, the two friends nod and sit down in the waiting room. The doctor leaves the room reporting that Audrey's condition is stable and she is fine now, the two friends enter the room

"well awakened!"
Nathan exclaims as he enters the room

"how are you doing sis?"
Destiny walks over to the crib hugging her tightly

"I'm fine, I'm fine now"
She replies returning the hug

"awww me too me too!"
Nathan joins the two girls

"I don't want to ruin the moment.... But you definitely need to tell us what happened"
Destiny says, taking on a serious expression

"I know... I'll tell you in a while along with my parents"
The two friends nod and leave the room, Audrey needs to eat something to recover her strength. A few minutes later the girl is ready to explain what happened.

"I'll try to be brief... I don't want to think about it too much"
The wolf, the alchemist and Mr. and Mrs. Abbott remain silent

"I had just left the studio, I was taking the usual way I was almost to the exit.... Then"
She pauses briefly

"then a car starts to slow down, the window rolls down, it was a group of guys and they were trying to approach me.... I tried to ignore them since I had pretty much made it to our part of town, but they wouldn't leave me alone and kept following me"
The listeners didn't say a word

"at that point i panicked, i was afraid they were going to get out of the car and take action so i ran. I thought that if i hid in the decadent part of town they wouldn't follow me anymore.... But i was wrong"
The girl pauses one last time and then concludes

"one of them followed me even inside the decadent part he tried to grab me but i managed to break free, i tried to run again but he pulled out a pocket knife, stabbed me several times.... I thought I was going to die... He told me that i was just a whore and that it was my job to entertain him.... And that if i didn't do it then i was useless and deserved to die"

Mr. Abbott clenches his fists as he leans back on his knees, his knuckles turning white, his wife on the other hand brings a hand to her temples and massages them trying to assimilate what she just heard. Destiny instead has an expression that would scare anyone while Nathan is still deciding whether to freak out or stay calm.

The 5 of them talk and discuss what to do for quite a while, Audrey's parents will go to the police to resolve the matter, but Destiny comes up with something else or more like a person to ask for help. At first she thought of Jennifer, given the influence her father seems to have asking her seemed like the best option, but that option is out of the question, she doesn't want to see her anymore, even remembering her existence causes her excruciating pain. Her mind then suggests another person, that is Zoe, the only time they have ever spoken to each other it wasn't exactly wine and dine but she thinks that if she is Jennifer's friend then her parents must be big shots too.

The wolf has made up her mind at the first opportunity she will ask Zoe for help.