Chapter 10

- Explosive -

It's Monday, Destiny has kept Nathan on his toes so far about her intentions to use the explosives. They've just arrived at school and as always head to the transennaded area where Audrey is waiting for them.

"Destiny I love you but sometimes you scare me"
Audrey says after the girl reveals her intentions

"why? It's a great idea instead"
Nathan says enthusiastically

"you guys are crazy"
Insists Audrey

"If you don't want to do it, no one is forcing you, honey"
Destiny informs her

"guys... I can understand blowing them up in abandoned buildings, but throwing them at our schoolmates..."

"hey those assholes don't seem to be having too much trouble bullying us"
Destiny alters

"in fact, it's just a little revenge"
Nathan agrees.

The bell rings Audrey pulls out of the matter, she too would like to make her bullies pay, but using violence is not one of her options. The other two instead plan it during class hours, instead of following through, as they always do.

* Drin drinn *

Recess has just begun, this is usually the time when the bullies spring into action, and this time they didn't disappoint either. But this time the two friends won't be pushed around, they'll simply return the favor.

"Look, look"

"the bitch and the mad scientist"
The bullies begin their usual spiel

"oh please don't hurt us"
Says in a mock pleading voice Destiny

"if you kneel and obey like a faithful little dog maybe..."
States one of them with a grin.

Destiny walks up to him, bends over, the bully thinks he has won but Destiny detonates the first explosive she had hidden in her pocket near his feet. The boy immediately shrugs it off, no harm done, just a little dust on his shoes.

"What the fuck? Are you crazy!"

"no, I'm just sick and tired of having to see your ass faces every day"
Destiny replies in a tone

"you bastard!"
The other bully comes up to punch her, but Nathan throws another explosive at him, causing him to flinch.

"you're all dumb, we're going to tell the principal and get you expelled for good"
One of them threatens them

"ohh we're shaking with fear look"
Destiny states with a laugh giving his friend a light elbow.

The two bullies walk away continuing to mutter some insults towards them, Destiny and Nathan on the other hand let loose in a thunderous laugh.

"Did you see their faces? Ahahah"

"Of course ahaha"
Their victory chant, however, ceases when a professor approaches them and says that they should head to the presidency immediately.

After a reprimand from the principal that seemed endless to the two friends their parents also enter the room, and they quickly realize that trouble for them has just begun.

"What were you thinking doing something like that!"

"do you have any idea what could have happened!?"

"what if they got hurt?"

"Suspended for a week, great move"
Their parents are furious

"I'm going to take away all of your paraphernalia Nathan"
Says the boy's mother

"whattt, no mom everything but those"

"I've made up my mind"
She repeats categorically

"but mom!"

"Nathan is the only solution, I can't let you use them if that's the use you want to make of them"

The boy resigns, but an expression of sadness and anger makes its way onto his face

"Destiny after all the talk we've been having. If they got hurt do you have any idea what the consequences would be?"
Says the girl's father evidently disappointed

"And what was I supposed to do... Continue to suffer without doing anything?"
Destiny replies frowning

"no one wants you to suffer the badness of others, but surely there were other ways to resolve the issue"
Explains her mother in a calm tone.

Destiny doesn't regret her choice, even though she would have preferred to make them much worse she is still relieved that they didn't really get hurt, otherwise her parents would have been involved.

The two families say goodbye and go back to their homes, Destiny goes straight to her room, throws herself on the bed and puts on her headphones with the music on full volume. She doesn't want to hear any noise except that of the music and her thoughts, she closes her eyes and catapults herself into her own little world. A song with a very slow rhythm has just started, she finally manages to relax after the previous adrenaline, it comes back to her mind that girl she met in the decadent part of the city, she explores again with her mind the memory of that golden hair, those eyes with a thousand shades and that body, the one that seemed to belong to a goddess. She suddenly wakes up to those thoughts, stops the music and takes off her headphones, her heart is beating fast, still full of the sensations she felt that day. Destiny decides to do the few homework she has left to distract herself from that vision, she doesn't like it when an outsider enters her world, even if that is entirely up to her.

————————

It's Wednesday and both Destiny and Nathan are bored to death, as well as in the following hours, they have been in touch with Audrey with very long video calls, obviously the girl has not lost the opportunity to throw them in the face, boasting of having been smarter, obviously jokingly, the two in response have given her a bad tongue like the good mature people they are. Audrey, however, would have liked to participate, for the simple reason that knowing that her friends were at school with her made her feel safe, but now she finds herself alone in a pack of wolves ready to devour her alive. Her friends, however, have no intention of staying in the cage much longer.