Chapter 28

- Stay away from me -

The wolf and the queen sat at a small table in one of the local bars, one of the less refined ones fortunately for Destiny who felt everyone's eyes on her.

"Are you two sisters by any chance?"
Jennifer asks curiously as she turns over the cup of coffee she ordered

"?"
Destiny makes a confused face

"you and that girl, she called you big sister"

"we're not biological sisters, but it's like we are, she's everything to me"

"I see"
The queen makes a slight grimace of jealousy, even though she knows very well that it is completely unfounded but it was an unconditional gesture

"well what do you have to tell me that's so important"

"I wanted to apologize"
Jennifer gently puts down the cup after taking a sip of coffee, Destiny remains observing her impassively

"that's it? Then I'm leaving"
Destiny makes to get up but the other one blocks her by taking the end of her jacket

"wait"
Jennifer asks almost pleading the wolf

"I shouldn't have said those things.... I spoke without thinking, I was afraid"
Jennifer explains, fiddling with the cup in her hands

"afraid of what? That I'd punch you as well? Aha"
Destiny asks sarcastically

"no... I was, no... I'm afraid that the others will find out what happened between us"

"the stupid kiss?"

"it wasn't stupid at all"
Jennifer brushes her lips with her index finger then finishes drinking her coffee

"so what am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know"

"I don't want to be your secret, if that whatever was going on between us can't be there. Then it's better to just let it go"
Affirms Destiny looking at the wooden coffee table, she can't pronounce the words if she looks Jennifer in the eyes

"you're right... It wouldn't be fair, to you"
Jennifer clutches the cup tightly staring at the inside

"fine"
Destiny gets up from her chair

"it was nice meeting you Jennifer Diamond"
The wolf gives her a sweet smile and then leaves the bar without listening to the other one's answer

"it was nice to meet you too.... Destiny Wolfe"

————————

It's been two weeks since Jennifer and Destiny said goodbye forever, the queen no longer went on the adventure in the decadent part and Destiny no longer showed up in the rich part, not even to accompany Audrey, to whom she had told everything. So her little sister understanding the difficulty it would cause her asked Nathan to go with her when she needed it. As far as Audrey is concerned, the sessions with the psychologist are bearing fruit, her classmates no longer intimidate her, she has managed to stand up for herself the umpteenth time they have picked on her and now they no longer torment her, to put down the hatchet of war is out of the question, but at least she can stay calm even within the school walls.

——————————————

"Jennifer... Hey Jennifer are you there?"
Zoe snaps her fingers in front of her friend's enchanted face

"huh? Yes yes I'm here, I was just spacing out for a moment"

"A moment? Are you kidding me? You've been staring at nothing for half an hour, you haven't even done an exercise"
The queen reprimands her, pointing out that the paper is still immaculate

"sorry..."

"is something wrong?"
Zoe's tone becomes slightly worried

"no, everything's fine"

"Did Ace do something to you by any chance?"

"no, I mean he's annoying as always but no big deal"

"you know if you need me you can always talk to me right?"
Zoe says smiling

"sure"
Jennifer smiles back even if it's a little forced, smiling is hard for her lately.

She only now realises how much she misses Destiny, she can't understand how a simple kiss could upset her feelings so much, one day with that girl turned her whole life upside down. The thought of never seeing her again eats away at her soul, the only place she can be with her is in her head, in her fantasy world. The only place where she can, even if only in her imagination, touch her, talk to her, go crazy and kiss her. That kiss that wasn't supposed to mean anything now is all she has left of Destiny, her adventure, what was supposed to be the best of her life is over before it even began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These last few lines remind me of love story by Taylor Swift 🥲💔
Read the next chapters! 🐺❤️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~