Chapter 30

- Clarity -

"Jenny what was that thing?"
Zoe asks her friend as they sit on the bus

"I don't know, i was just trying to go after her haha"
Jennifer answers lying

"good thing we don't have to deal with her she's really weird"

"yeah haha"

For the rest of the trip Jennifer stares at the scenery outside the window without really looking at it, more like lost in thought. The bus takes each student strictly to their home, Jennifer gets off saying goodbye to the group and then goes into the house where only the housekeeper is waiting for her since her parents are at work, as always.

She goes up to her room and takes a bath, puts on a comfortable hoodie and sweatpants, puts her phone on charge and throws herself dead weight on the bed. She closes her eyes and lets herself go to sadness, from her eyes begin to slide warm tears that wrap her face, one after the other they end up wetting the soft pillow on which her head is resting, a twinge in her chest almost gives her the feeling of not being able to breathe. The thought of having rejected Destiny again, even though she tried to get closer, destroys her heart and soul, but she couldn't do otherwise, as she said to the wolf, they can't be together in this life. Between one tear and another she falls asleep with her soul tormented by negative thoughts, "even if my destiny has already been written I still hope with all my heart to be able to change it" this is the last thought that leaves her mind just before letting herself go in the arms of Morpheus.

—————————

"Welcome back"
Destiny has just arrived home and her mother greets her with a smile

"hi mom"
The girl tries to hide the darkness that animates her heart and even succeeds since her mother doesn't notice anything.

The wolf goes up to her room and changes her clothes, she sits at her desk and scribbles random things down. she's not that bad at drawing and she doesn't mind drawing a few pictures every now and then, but after a few strokes she breaks her pencil in two pieces realizing the subject that is coming to life on the paper.

"That's disgusting"

"it's not fair"

"At least have the decency to get out of my head"

"I was doing so well without you.... Why do you have to torment me like this?"

"what did I do to you wrong?"

Destiny snatched up the paper and tossed it into the basket, ran her hands through her hair and squatted in the chair bringing her knees to her chest. She tried, tried to change Jennifer's mind, even though she was the one who told her she didn't want to be her secret, but their distance made her realize how much she needs her instead. Even just hearing her voice makes her feel a warm feeling she's never felt before, the feelings Jennifer makes her feel she can't describe in words, she just knows they are beautiful and have become like a drug to her. She is interrupted from her thoughts by the ringing of the phone.

"hello?"

"hi Destiny this is Carla"
Carla is Audrey's mother she seems to have a worried tone

"hi Carla, did something happen?"

"Actually yes, Audrey should be back from her session with the psychologist by now.... But she's not back yet and she's not answering her phone. I was wondering if she was with you"

"No, she's not with me, I just got back from a trip"

"She's not with Nathan either?"

"Not that I know of, let me try calling him"

"Alright, call me back as soon as you find out anything"

"Yeah, see you soon"
Destiny clicks on her friend's contact and waits for him to answer

"Heyyy wolf you miss me already?"
Says the boy brightly

"Nathan is Audrey with you by any chance?"
Destiny asks ignoring the other's way of talking

"no, why would she be?"

"Carla just called me and said she hasn't come home from the psychologist yet"

"maybe she just stopped at a bar or something, there in the rich part there is a lot to see, not like here"

"she said she's not answering her phone either"

"Oh..."
After a few moments of silence Nathan spoke again

"let's go find her"
He exclaims firmly

"Okay, let's go. I'll meet you at the intersection of the decadent part"

The two walk out of the house, Destiny hopes it's nothing serious but she still doesn't know what's in store for her and her heart might not be able to handle another blow like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Audrey could you not let everyone take a swing for a second? I'm begging you ahah 😵‍💫
Read the next chapter to find out what happened to her! ❤️🐺
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~