Chapter 26

- Back on track -

Audrey has recently started going to the psychologist, she feels comfortable with him, he is a man of about 40 years old and has a tone of voice that immediately put her at ease, the initial distrust that the girl had towards him disappeared after a first chat. It's still too early to say if the sessions are actually having an effect, but Audrey certainly feels lighter after having thrown out most of the pain she carries, the psychologist has also advised her to take some moments every day to dedicate only to herself to relax and detach herself from the outside world. This last thing was not very difficult to do, since Audrey was already in the habit of taking refuge in her inner world.

————————————

"How is the fairest damsel in the land today?"

"quite well aha"

Nathan decided to visit Audrey to give her some company, he would have expected to find Destiny with her too, but the wolf hasn't been heard since they had that fight with Jennifer's group and the boy wonders what could have happened to her, now though he thinks the best thing is to be by Audrey's side.

"Is the psychologist treating you right? Because if not, he'll deal with my explosives"
The alchemist affectionately affirms, showing his "muscles"

"There will be no need, don't worry"

"better that way"
The boy says crossing his arms, he always manages to get a smile out of Audrey

"since you're here let's do something.... Let's see"
The girl gets up from the bed where they were sitting and starts wandering around the room looking for something to entertain her guest with

"well we could..."

"no we're not going to blow up anything mister"
Audrey immediately stops him, making him snort while she laughs with amusement

"ah that's it, would you like to play one?"
The hostess proposes

"I never refuse to play one"
The other one replies and immediately lets her know that he will give her a hard time

"Ah i beat you alchemist!"

"impossible! You definitely cheated!"

"accept defeat and bow down before my power ahah"

"Never!"

The two continue this theatrics for a while until they burst out laughing realizing how ridiculous they must look right now. Between one chat and another, it's 6pm and Nathan decides it's time to go, he still has some homework to do, says goodbye to Audrey and goes home. Audrey goes back to her room and following the advice of the psychologist lies down on the bed and immerses herself in her inner world, trying to concentrate only on positive thoughts, such as the pleasant hours she has just spent with Nathan or when Destiny gave her the bracelet with which she is now playing with her fingers. For a moment she remembers when Destiny didn't answer her phone and how devastated she felt that she didn't keep her promise to her, but she quickly chases that thought away knowing that her big sister would never hurt her on purpose.

—————————————

At the same time Wolfe's house or more precisely Destiny's room is enveloped in an aura filled with negative feelings and emotions, "stupid kiss" those words echo in her head hammering her incessantly.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

"you shouldn't have let her in"

"you shouldn't have let your guard down"

"You're not a wolf you're a fucking lamb!"

"After all this time you still don't get it"

"You let yourself be hurt! Again..."

Destiny's mind is filled with these thoughts, if she were in some fantasy series she would have already been consumed by them and turned into who knows what demon. She didn't expect some kind of love story, maybe she was hoping for it, but she wasn't so naive to have big illusions, on the other hand she didn't expect such a reaction either, she really believed that there could be something between her and Jennifer, even if it was temporary. She really hoped that girl would give her a shred of happiness, instead she denied it to her without a second thought as if that kiss had never been there, as if it meant nothing.

"You kissed me too.... So... Then why?"
Destiny tightens her face against the pillow trying to hold back her tears in vain, her sobs are the only noise heard in the room, on one hand she would like to forget Jennifer and pretend that nothing happened, but on the other hand she knows very well that the blonde will remain in her thoughts and in her heart for a long time to come, but the latter has just closed its doors and she doesn't know if she will be willing to open them anymore. Not even for the girl who managed to cross them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How to make your gay oc depressed over a hot blondie, tutorial by me ;) 👍💔🏳️‍🌈
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~