Chapter 4: The Urgency

Sorry for not updating for a week. There was a lot going on at work. (There still is but not as bad as last week ^^) 

Let's start right away. 

I hope you enjoy this new chapter :) 

Lan Huan's POV

"Wei Ying!"

I blinked and looked up seeing Wei Ying's grandma at the door of their house. She didn't look at me.

"Grandma, didn't you go to bed? Why are you standing there? You are not even wearing shoes." Wei Ying said worriedly. "Let's go inside, Lan Huan. It's late." He run towards his grandma and helped her back into the house.

I was still standing outside totally confused about what just happened. 'I tried to kiss him....'

I couldn't control myself and wanted to kiss him which means I was doomed. It seems my feelings for him were bigger than I expected. But... I needed to leave soon. I had to go back to the immortal realm. It's not like I can take him with me....?

I looked back at Wei Ying's house. 'Can I?' I asked myself and shook my head.

'I am not even sure if he has the same feelings as me so what am I even thinking? Looking at his light-heartedness just now I doubt it.' I thought and made my way back to the house. Even if he had the same feelings, would he leave his home and grandma to be with me? Probably not. I could see how much he loved and depended on his only family. Most importantly I had the feeling his grandma didn't like me....but maybe I was mistaken.

Anyway, if I stayed here much longer my feelings for Wei Ying might grow and I would be unable to suppress them and return home. My spiritual powers are back already so technically I could go back home right away. Maybe I should just....

"Hey, Lan Huan, why are you so slow? Come inside already or you might catch a cold." Wei Ying appeared at the doorstep and frowned at me.

'No, let me stay here just a little longer.' At least until Wang Ji has returned. I can feel him in the mortal realm so he has not yet finished his mission. Just until he is done, let me.... let me stay here....

"Come on, Lan Huan. Stop dreaming and hurry up."

I hurried up and entered the house. "You should go to bed as well."

Wei Ying closed the door and locked it before retreating to his room. Before he entered I called him and he turned around, looking at me questioningly.

"We will go out tomorrow to look for herbs, right?" I asked him. Not because I wasn't sure but because I wanted to make sure he wouldn't forget it.

"Yes, so go to sleep. I won't wake you up tomorrow so if you are still asleep by the time I want to go out, I will go on my own." He grinned and I nodded.

"Don't worry. I will go with you." I told him.

It was the next morning and I had to shake my head in amusement. It was 10:00 am. I already had breakfast and a bath, and I wanted to leave, but Wei Ying was still asleep. I risked a peek into his room and saw him sleeping peacefully. I didn't wake him up but continued to stand by the door and watched his chest moving up and down in a steady rhythm. He was mumbling something but I was too far away to hear what it was.