Chapter 1

The bell on the door rings again, another person walking into the tiny coffee shop. Soft chatter is all around, the hot coffee in my hand warming the cold skin. The rising sun shines over the tall office buildings, cars already honking and people already walking out upon the streets.

"Are you nervous for your first day?" My best friend, Vanessa, asks. Sipping on her coffee with a bright grin.

My chest rises with a sigh, my eyes drifting back to my way to bright and preppy friend. I shrug my shoulders, taking a swig of the hot coffee, hoping that it will give me some energy for my first day at my new job. Vanessa gives me a tilted look "You'll do fine. It isn't the first time! Cheer up!"

"I know. I know." I mutter letting out another sigh.

I've never worked for such a large company before. This is going to be my first day at Grey's Corporation. It's worth multiple billions. Easily.

My best friend sighs, her shoulders slouching as she gives me a small over dramatic pout. "Isadora." She groans, tossing her head back against the soft green booth. Her bright pink long sleeve floral shirt stands out in this calm, neutral colored coffee shop. "You shouldn't worry so much." She complains, taking a long sip of ice coffee.

My leg bounces, my teeth sinking into my bottom lip. Vanessa gives me another one of her famous looks.

Another sigh leaves me as I lean back in my seat, trying to relax. "Do I look okay?" I ask, referring to my new suit that I had gotten a few weeks earlier.

Vanessa grins "You look amazing! Hot as hell." She winks at me and a laugh leaves me. Vanessa grins at my laugh, knowing she's distracting me from the nerves for my new job.

It won't be so bad. I'm only going to be Mr. Grey's assistant.

"So, what do you think the office is going to look like? What about Dawson Grey himself! Gosh girl, have you seen his pictures!?" She swoons, fanning herself with one well manicured hand while the other is wrapped around her iced coffee, holding it to her plush peach pink lips.

My eyes roll at her statement, a little smile on my lips. I've never truly seen a picture of my new boss himself. But everywhere I go I hear people murmur about the hot grumpy, cold hearted CEO and owner of Grey's Corporation.

People say that his ruthless cold heart is what also fires people on the spot for doing something incorrectly. That's what sends a cold sweat down my back.

It's a Monday too. My first day at a billion dollar business and my best friend is trying to cheer me up.

Which I might add, isn't exactly helping my nerves.

"Isadora, are you listening?" Vanessa taps my arm, my eyes snapping away from the clear glass windows and back at my bright friend. I hum and she sighs with the roll of her eyes, starting her story over again.

Eventually though she starts to become drowned out again, my mind wandering to what my new job will be like.

It has high pay. So maybe I can finally buy an actually apartment instead of rent one.

It's been 4 years since I moved to the big city. And at the start, life in the city was pretty rough. But then I met my boyfriend Ryan, and things went okay after that. I moved in with him until I started to have a steady enough job to pay for my own apartment. Now I live alone, in a small apartment with a tiny kitchen and cramped living room. But it puts a roof over my head, and clothes on my body, and food on the table. My life isn't exactly sunshine and roses but I never expected it to be.

I used to live in a small town, back when I was growing up. The city was a huge leap for me but with all it had to offer I took my chances.

And now here I am. Dressed in a sophisticated white and black suit, my long black hair curled to perfection in soft waves that cascade over my shoulder with shiny black high heels on.