Chapter 30

There are people lined up against the side of the club. Girls in sparkly, short, tight dresses. Men in leather jackets and fancy suits. The line is almost a block long, people waiting impatiently to come inside the club.

Dawson's talking with Jeremy, the same stone cold expression he always has on around other people. It's a nice night out, a little chilly, but a clear sky from what I can see, and it's late on a Friday night. People are out and waiting to have fun. Sometimes I can feel people's stares, but I just bite my cheek and keep my chin high.

Though, there are moments when I wish I wouldn't have bought this dress. It's skin tight, a deep red, almost the same color as Dawson's eyes. The only thing holding this dress up on me is how fucking tight it is. My breasts could spill out of this dress if I'm not careful. The heels I'm wearing are crazy uncomfortable, shiny black heels with the same deep blood red soul with a pointed toe and they have to be at least seven inches tall. The makeup I'm wearing is very light besides the smokey eye I somehow managed to apply in under thirty minutes. Silver jewelry sparkles against my skin, the bracelets I'm wearing shining in the neon sign above the club entrance. I have dangly silver earrings, a single strip of diamond look-a-likes that just brush the bottom of my neck. I didn't wear a necklace, I don't really have one that would go nicely with this outfit.

One of the strippers we hired, Lola, walks out with a robe on, her makeup done and hair nicely put up. Some men whistle and she shoots them a small smirk before blowing the line a kiss. She's a beautiful woman. Long legs with a tall frame, beautiful diamond shaped face and deep brown eyes. Full pink lips and long brown hair. Lola turns back to me and smiles, "We're all set up and ready, the girls are all warmed up and the bartenders are ready. What time does Jeremy want to open the doors?"

"In five minutes," Dawson's voice carries through the gentle breeze and it makes goosebumps pebble along my exposed skin. Lola looks over at him and smiles, "Sounds good sir. We are all ready when the doors open." Then she turns and the bouncer opens the door for her, she thanks him and walks back inside, the door closing behind her.

My eyes find Dawson, clad out in an ironed white button up shirt, three of the top button undone, revealing the muscle of his chest. His deep oak brown hair is slicked back from his face, his stubble trimmed neatly to accentuate his sharp jawline and soft lips. His red eyes hold firm, but just the sight of him is intimidating. The white fabric clings to his arms like he had to be sewed into the shirt. His freshly ironed black dress pants hold no wrinkles, sleek and professional. His shirt tucked in and the same black belt wrapped through the belt loops. All the way down to his polished dress shoes. I feel ridiculous standing like this next to him. I should've worn a suit like he did.

Girls are staring at him. If he wanted to, he could open his mouth and have girls chucking their panties in his face. I can see them eye fucking him from here. It makes me itch. Under my skin. The way they're ogling him bothers me.

Dawson clears his throat and I look up at him, chewing on my bottom lip. "Cold?" I just nod my response, too busy catching all those girls stares. Muscular arms encircle my body, enveloping me into the intoxicating warmth. Dawson pulls me into his chest, his right hand splayed across my back as the other keep my shoulder in his grasp. I inhale deeply, soaking in the smell of him. Cologne and spices. It's so addicting. I want to curl up in this scent at night and fall asleep.

Dawson smoothes his hand over the fabric of my dress, his nose pressed to my hair, "Better yet, ragazza carina?" The Italian rolls off his tongue and through my mind, my body quivering silently in his arms at the sound.

Heat floods through my veins, warming my body. A smile spreads along my face. "No, I'm still a little cold." The muscular chest beneath my ear rumbles with a laugh. Fucking attractive.