Chapter 28

The second she fell asleep in my arms, willingly, knowing that she was sleeping on me. Well, fuck. I'm attached to her. She fell asleep on me during a thunderstorm. She's so cute as she sleeps on me. A soft smile on her face as the heavy winds make the rain pelt onto the windows. The movie plays on but the only thing I want to watch is her.

My hand is still buried in her hair, scratching her scalp softly. I found out a few seconds ago, that when I try to stop she frowns in her sleep. So I keep giving her head scratches, watching the smile with a full heart.

She's so perfect in my arms. Her body laying on mine. She's so small compared to me, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Her hands are freezing. The way she wrapped them around my body to hold onto me, while adorable, made me almost jerk with surprise. Her hands are freezing. Thank fuck she's wearing thick, warm socks, otherwise her feet would probably be the same.

    Thunder rolls through the sky again, the lights flickering as the rain pelts into the hotels side. This may be the last of the thunderstorms from while we're here. Hopefully it is. I don't want her having to worry about one happening every day.

   She's so fucking beautiful.

   If she laid here in my arms for the rest of my life, I would never leave this couch. I could kiss her lips raw, keep her body warm with mine, snuggle in close to make sure she feels safe.

   It may not mean so much to others that she fell asleep on me during a thunderstorm, but just knowing she feels safe with me, is enough to make a strong feeling of protectiveness towards her. I tighten my grip around her and she lets out a soft sound that makes my heart swell with pride.

   I lean down and press my lips to her forehead, scratching her head at a steady pace, to keep her lulled into sleep. The way she looks in my sweatshirt is something I want to see for the rest of my life.

   What type of ex-asshole-boyfriend did she have? Cheating on her? Only an absolute fucking dickhead would cheat on her.

   Look at her. She's so cute. Soft ice blue eyes and long, soft black hair. Cute little nose and full lips that taste as sweet as honey. Beautiful curves and an even more beautiful laugh. Her smile brightens up any room, her eyes sparkling when she rambles. She's adorable. For some reason, knowing that the asshole cheated on her, doesn't make me as angry as I thought it would. It still rises rage within me. But she's mine. She's mine now.

   And no one can take her away from me now. 

   The thought of him makes anger wash through my chest, rage hitting me like bus. He hurt my girl. He hurt my Isadora. When we get back home, I'm going to find him and teach him a lesson. Make sure him and his hookup understand what he's done. What he has been doing. My arms curl around her body further, securing her to my chest. Even if she wanted to get up and leave, I wouldn't let her.

A calm settles in me. I have Isadora in my arms. She's wearing my clothes. Sleeping on me. Nothing can get better than this.

   Having her sleep in my arms feels like a blessing. To have such a beautiful woman feel comfortable enough to fall asleep on me.

   She's in my clothes, laying on me, during a thunderstorm.

   My heart feels full.

   Her plush lips part on a breath and the urge to kiss her again tugs at my mind. She didn't kiss me this morning. She didn't remember anything. She doesn't remember what we shared. What she made me feel. That's okay. It's completely fine.

   It's...

   It's fine. Everything's fine. She was drunk, I should have expected that...but a part of me, a large, large part of me, wishes that she would have remembered. At least acknowledged that we shared that. It was the most heart clenching kiss I'd ever had. Something that made me want to go back. Want to have more. Want to take more. But now, she's sleeping on me, still unaware that she had kissed me last night. And climbed into my bed. And huddled close to me. And tossed her leg over my lap.