Chapter 29

It's been a few days since the two days off we had because of the thunderstorms. The streets are still flooded with water and the drains are working over time to try and drain it all.

   There isn't much left to do on the project. Although, Dawson did assign me to decorating. The building is looking beautiful now.

   Tomorrow night is when we cut the ribbons, tomorrow night is also when people get to come in, and then the day after tomorrow, at 5:45am, we leave for the airport to go home.

   The workers are all rushing around, carrying so many different pictures and boxes, there are light bulbs being screwed into the lights, dance poles are being put up, LED lights being strung through out the rooms, the dance floor being tested. They have DJ equipment going in. Everything is looking amazing.

   "Ma'am? We have the pictures all ready to go up, we need your confirmation on the marks and then we can proceed with the hanging. The poles have been put up and we do need your inspection on them, along with your approval of the LED lights below the bar. We also need Mr. Grey to sign for the liquor." A very polite woman, Lacy, comes up to me and when she's done listing things off her clipboard, she looks up at me and smiles. I offer her a smile back, "Of course, where is my approval needed?"

   She leads me through the first floor, my heels click against the new marble flooring, just put in a day or two ago. She points out the light fixtures, confirming that the bulbs have been put in and the light bulbs have been tested to prove they are working correctly. Then she walks me by the marks where the pictures are going to be hung. All of the pictures are paintings, mainly black and white art that will work well with the flashing lights and colors of the club.

As we go, she explains which pictures will be going where and I switch them up a little bit, but not by much.

   After we confirm everything there, the woman leads me through the large first floor. I take a moment and pause, the lady stops as well, confusion crossing her face as she clasps her clipboard to her chest. It's odd. Ever since we've been here in Las Vegas, I've been almost like an assistant manger on this project instead of Dawson's assistant.

Maybe he doesn't need me? Does he just want to keep away from me?

"Ma'am?" Lacy asks me, but when I say nothing, she utters not a single word. I let my eyes soak in the image of the building that I've seen built before my eyes. It's fulfilling, seeing what I helped design in real life. From the large entrance doors opens to a large, open room. To the left when you walk in is a large dark oak floating counter plastered to the wall, lined with large bar stools with cushioned seats. The bar stools extend all the way down the actually bar itself, the bar the same dark oak, shelves being hung back for the liquor going in today. Silver taps of beer are set up behind the bar, the clean metal glistening. There are different sinks and drying wracks all over. There are shelves already hung for the glasses the guy who bought this building wanted. A keg sits below, waiting to be filled by cheap beer. Beautiful lights will illuminate the bar tenders and the shining metal when the lights are turned down low during the night time. LED lights line the top of the bar for the extra flashing lights.

There's a large space with some tables with chairs pushed up against the round tables before there's a good distance between the tables to the large square dance floor. When the lights are turned down, it's going to light up and flash with different colors. Off centered in the far left corner is the DJ booth, covered with the typical DJ equipment. Speakers almost large than me sitting at the sides.

   Speakers line the walls, ensuring the full room full of blasting music.

   The middle of all that space, sits a large black metal spiral staircase that winds around a silver pole. For the strippers to slide down if they would like to get a drink or for others to use for their enjoyment instead of the stairs.