Chapter 7

A frustrated growl leaves me as I hurl a book across my office. It crashes against the wall and falls to the floor with pages flying everywhere. There's marks on the wall, from all the things that've been thrown. Nothing is helping me.

I can't get her out of my mind.

I barely made it out of her apartment standing. I was so hard it made me dizzy. The rain soaked her, completely drenched her. But she still looked perfect. Her full lips and perfect nose. The way those arctic eyes stared back at me with no fear. The rain soaked her clothes, even through my suit jacket that I spent at least $10,000 on. It was worth it though. To see the way she relaxed and hugged my jacket tighter around her. The way her eyes flashed with emotion as she slipped her arms through the sleeves that were way to big for her. Her hair was soaked, some strands sticking to her face as a blush covered her cheeks. When she slipped, her eyes clamped closed waiting for impact before my arms wrapped around her. She felt so good in my arms. The way her lips had parted with a silent gasp at the sight of my body bent over her, cradling her body as the rain poured down around us. She met my eyes before closing them with a tremble when the lightning split through the sky and thunder echoed through my ears. She's afraid of thunderstorms. But the way she fell asleep in my car had me grasping the wheel tightly to refrain myself from touching her. Gritting my jaw tight enough to break it.

   She has a boyfriend.

   Anger flares through my system and then another book is flying through the air. Pages flaring and wrinkling in the air. It hits the wall with a loud clunk and clatters to the floor.

   My chest rises with heavy breaths, the thought of Isadora with another man makes me furious. She doesn't even like me. But the way she let me caress her cheek in her apartment after she made me tea, made my stomach flutter. She invited me in and made me tea. And she paints. She could've just said bye and closed the door on me. But she didn't. And when she stripped my suit jacket off, I had trouble trying to walk calmly to her small little kitchen while, at the same time, trying to hide my hard-on. Her bra was visible through the white cotton shirt she was wearing. Her breasts pushed up. And her pants hugged her ass and waist. Everything about her was absolutely magnificent.

  But she has a damn boyfriend.

   My fist curls around another book, my arm already raised to throw it again but then a shaky knock sounds on my door. The book clatters to the wood of my desk, my hands slamming down onto my desk. My chest rising and falling with heavy breaths. The door creaks open and Kelly sticks her head in with shaky breaths, "S-Sir?"

"Bring my coffee." I snap, my fingers curling into tight fists. Kelly goes to push the door wider when she freezes at the sight of me first. The look she gives me is nothing short of worry and a little fear. Her eyes flicking down to the books on the floor. She takes a deep, shaky breath.

Kelly opens the door and walks in nervously, looking around at the messy office like the objects will jump out and bite her. Her hands are shaking when she sets my large black coffee on my desk. "Maybe you should take a break? You've been here since 2:30am." She suggests and I snort, sending her a glare. Her eyes widen before she mumbles an apology and turns, walking out of my office.

She pulls the door open and pauses. "Kelly?"

Isadora. Her beautiful voice.

Kelly instantly stepped out and turned, closing the door behind her. My eyes flash around my office. It's a mess. Everything's wrecked. I was only seconds from flipping my desk. Books are thrown everywhere. Pencils and papers scattered around the room. My office looks like a mess that toddlers make. Nothing is where it's supposed to be. All my folders been thrown off my desk, my laptop the only thing untouched by my destruction.