Chapter 58

It's still almost impossible for me to believe that my oldest son is getting married. We always thought he would be the last to even find a girlfriend, but now he's married and...somewhere.

My son and his beautiful bride haven't showed up to the reception yet, but I'm not worried. Dawson would kill for that girl. He wouldn't put her in any sort of danger. Ever.

Of course he wouldn't because of how small they decided to make the wedding. We only have family and close friends, Dawson told me that they weren't even planning on going anywhere for their honeymoon, just take two weeks off at home together. I think it's perfect for them. Together, in their own world, in a place they both have learned to love in. With their cat, which I'm still shocked that Dawson let her get, and an endless amount of time.

And the wedding venue? Perfect for them. The blue color reminds me of Isadora's eyes. She's such a sweet girl, perfect for my overly-grumpy eldest son. It makes me chuckle just thinking about him meeting someone like her, I wonder how that went.

"Hey, my love, would you like some wine?" Richard comes up behind me, placing his calloused hands on my lower back, sending a comforting feeling through my muscles, loosening the tenseness strangling them. "Please," I whisper and take the glass of red wine from his hands, taking a sip of it as he rests his cheek against my hair, breathing in this moment deeply as people chat and laugh all around us.

   "You raised our boys so well," he murmurs to me, kissing my hair and rubbing soft circles on my hip, the physical praise he knows I love.

   Emotion clogs up my throat as I turn and look at Amara and Kingston together, holding each other close as they laugh with family. "Well, it wasn't all me," my handsome husband of many years laughs softly when I bump him with my hip.

   "No, but you gave them the ability to love," he whispers to me and I lean my head against his shoulder, my sexy Grey man suited out in his fancy wedding suit with a neatly folded and tucked blue silk cloth stuck in the front pocket for show. And fancy dress shoes I had to watch him polish. Otherwise, the stubborn man wouldn't polish them.

   "Alright everyone, gather around the dance floor for the newly weds slow dance!" A speaker cracks as the announcer clicks off and I grin, taking another sip of the sweet red wine before grabbing Richard's hand and dragging him towards the dance floor, excited to see my eldest son with his new wife.

The gentle chuckle follows me as I come to a stop in front of the setup dance floor, tables all around as blue silk cloth is hung up on the walls, white and red roses used as the center pieces with a small poem from Dawson's favorite book and a small painting from Isadora. The room erupts into cheers as the announcer calls out their names, "Please welcome, Mr and Mrs Grey!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Kingston kissing Amara, whispering something in her ear as she grins and turns to kiss his cheek. Their love will never die, it will hold strong forever.

And so will Dawson and Isadora's.

They walk out hand in hand, the wedding dress Isadora has on simply gorgeous and very fitting for her. Dawson's eyes sparkle as he looks at her and I've never seen such a look in his eye before. When he called me that one late evening to tell me that he was bringing a girl home, I felt it in my bones that she was going to join our family.

Isadora is such an amazing woman. So smart and beautiful and kind. She's everything my oldest needs to stay balanced. And the way she looks at him like he built the universe, it sends chills down my back knowing how happy she makes my son, and how happy he makes her.

When they reach the dance floor, a slow song starts. The words instantly click in my head as Dawson pulls Isadora close and slides his hands across her full hips. A smile spreads across Isadora's face as she loops her arms around Dawson's neck like she's always been there.