Chapter 57

Oh my god, I'm so fucking nervous. Today is the day. I can't help but bite my lip as I pick at my freshly painted fingernails. "Don't be nervous," Amara grins, pulling the zipper of my wedding dress up until it fits snuggly around my torso.

   "I can't help it," I mutter, biting at my lip, staring at my reflection. I'm wearing a wedding dress. A fucking wedding dress. And Dawson's somewhere else in the fancy structure getting his suit on. The girls surround me, Vanessa shuffling through the door to spot me. "Oh my god!" She gasps and runs for me, arms wide. A cracky laugh leaves my throat as she collided with me, wrapping her arms around me and squeezing all the air in my body out. "You look beautiful!"

   Truthfully, everyone looks beautiful. With baby blue, floor length bridesmaid dresses and perfectly pinned hair and silver heels. Soft silver makeup and pink lipstick. Everyone looks gorgeous. And I'm in white. It didn't take me long to find my wedding dress. It's simple but elegant and beautiful.

Truth be told, I feel beautiful in this dress. The lacy fabric just reached the flooring, with a slit that goes all the way up to my thigh with a fitted bodice and loose, lace sleeves. Looking at myself in the mirror, I want to cry. I look beautiful. But I'm so nervous I barely have any time to bathe in this moment. I'm getting married. Today. In only a few hours.

It feels like only yesterday that me and Dawson were in the shower together, talking about how our wedding night would go.

"I want our wedding to be small," I state, running my fingers down his torso, trying to rinse all the paint off his body.

"Really? Are you sure?"

I nod.

"We can do whatever you want, ragazza carina, but remember, it's a night all about you—"

I shake my head and interrupt him, "No. It's about us, and hundreds of thousands of dollars can be put to better use than a wedding,"

Dawson tilts his head at me, his dark oak hair clinging to his forehead as those beautiful red eyes gaze down at me curiously. "I always thought you'd be the one to want the most extravagant wedding," he muses, sliding his arms around my waist and chuckling softly as I stick my tongue out at him.

After a moment of silence in the shower, the warm water rinsing away the paint from the "painting" we just did. Dawson lowers his forehead to mine, breathing in each other's presence, "I'll give you whatever wedding you want, darling. Tell me, what do you want our wedding to be like?"

"I want it soon." I state, brushing my nose with him and placing a quick kiss to his lips, loving the way it sends tingles throughout my whole body, "I want to get married as soon as we can. Is a month a long enough wait?" Dawson's eyes soften and I feel like melting at his feet with the loving gaze he gives me. "Baby, I'd marry you in this shower if it was a legalized marriage."

I smile at him and he smiles back, sliding his fingers up the back of my neck and into my hair, twirling the wet strands around his fingers. "I want you in a wedding dress." A deep flush covers his face as he glances away, "And I want the color of the wedding to be the blue of your eyes."

   My heart melts and my hands pull his head towards me for a kiss that steals my breath away. When we part, I can't help the breathless smile as I say, "Of course, what about a wedding with just friends and family?"

   "At a beautiful church?"

   I nod and laugh, closing my eyes as the heat consumes me. "Yes. That sounds perfect."